It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Missile Defense Test Over Pacific Ocean a Key Milestone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason
Nobody said it would be easy, in fact I have outline clearly many times how devastating it would be. But you got to be realistic, they will not nuke South Ko, and I have explained it a dozen times before. Their only legit targets with nukes is Japan, Guam, our CSG or perhaps the Philippines. Our proven ABM systems can counter their ballistic missile attacks.

But in the end, the Pacific coalition would still end victorious. The only other options is to keep allowing the terrorists in the North to continue their coercive threats and bullying to demand resources and/or concessions. Someone is going to have to deal with that down the road when they decide their extortion demands unrealistic concessions by threat of nuclear weapons. By then the war would be even more catastrophic because they will have had time to modernize and update their systems better.

I think its going to happen one way or another, may as well get it over with sooner.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: carewemust

The Russian approach is the same as the old American approach was. Kill an ICBM with a nuclear weapon by launching a nuclear weapon at it. In this case the Gazelle missile with a nuclear warhead on it.

Russian A-135 system

There is no way that the russian system will work without a massive EMP that will blind there anti ICBM radar systems.

This is why the Nike Hercules missile system did not last long

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The MDA has outlined plans to continue to challenge the system. Next year, probably around August, they're going to fire two interceptors at an inbound missile. This will represent how missiles will be intercepted in a real event, and will let them see how the second vehicle will react and what it will see.

Sometime in 2019, they will fly the first enhanced kill vehicle, and by 2023 they will fly a salvo test, where the system will have to intercept multiple inbound ICBMs. By 2025, they plan to fly the Multi Object Kill Vehicle.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

That is how the early (1970's) mod of missile defense worked

The exo atmosphere interceptor SPARTAN used a 5 MT warhead in attempt to destroy the incoming missile
by flooding it with high energy radiation (X Ray/Neutrons) to burn out the electronics and cause premature
detonation (By heating) of the explosive lens in the warhead

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This test seems bogus to me.

I was under the impression we already had laser weapons in orbit that could melt ICBMs, aka the "Star Wars" program in the 80's.

Maybe I've watched too many Bond films (??)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Signals

You've watched too many Bond films. They never put them into orbit.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join