It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America the last Bismarckian power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
"The U.S. Model: For years, much of the world did aspire to the American way of life. But today countries are finding more appealing systems in their own backyards."

by Andrew Moravcsik

"Not long ago, the American dream was a global fantasy. Not only Americans saw themselves as a beacon unto nations. So did much of the rest of the world........."

www.commondreams.org...

Article is post to obtain POV and comments.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The article makes good sense, the American way isnt as good for individuals as the European way, in England i can have a hideous accident tomorrow and not pay a penny up front for medical care. Instead i will pay taxes for the rest of my life, repaying my debt and subisidising care for my friends and family.

What does the american system offer to rival this? a chance to own enough firepower to deal with a small town?

Bismarcks Germany met a terrible fate after inflicting an even worse string of events on the world. Can america got he same way?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yes most people i have talked to feel the same way and for the same reason given by the UK poster as well as other less universal reasons that are specific to our culture, location and our view on issues. Countries need to progress in their own unique way, drawing from but not being dominated by any one culture. I think this is a positive development.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Trent]

join