It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with iTunes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Only asking here on ATS because I can't seem to find anything related to my issue elsewhere.

iTunes (doesn't matter which version, they all seem equally flawed and frustrating) can't seem to reliably rip music off my CDs.

For no apparent reason it will have trouble fully ripping either the first or last track on a disc. It seems totally arbitrary. This isn't a scratched disc issue. I am putting in pristine, never played discs into my drive, and iTunes still can't rip it correctly.

It plays the tracks just fine in their entirety, however. It will sometimes rip 0:00 of a track and basically just skip over it. Sometimes it will rip only about the first 30 seconds of a track, and sometimes it will shave off the last 30 seconds of a track. Again, I am only seeing this issue with the FIRST or LAST track of a CD I'm trying to rip.

Has anyone ever encountered this? Has anyone been able to diagnose and solve this? It's extremely frustrating and I wish Apple was capable of putting out a competent iTunes for once!!

edit on 16-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Get another ripping program and block itunes for life.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Could be a faulty disc player.
Itunes can be a nightmare,mine always fails to update but never had a problem ripping cds.

Look for a free ripper,try audacity to import then convert to aac then drop into Itunes media folder then drag and drop onto Itunes itself it will then allow you to change or edit the file and add album art etc.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Yeah, best advice is try not to use itunes. It's as much use as a chocolate teapot.

new topics

top topics

join