It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Liberals Aren’t as Tolerant as They Think

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I just feel like half the world would benefit from a massive war and of alien invasion, but then again I'm kind of a psychopath....you know, watch the world burn bc no one cares for each other anymore and or bc all most people just care about what iPhone they are getting next.

LOL I'm typing this while drinking a large girly Starbucks drink at Starbucks on my brand new dell XPS13 and my new iPhone 7 plus sitting right next to it.....I'm a total hypocrite, I know

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BJRego

You're crazy man. Humanity needs to learn slowly... it must evolve in time. One day things are going to be different. Never lose hope for a great future.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

What's not to protest , the lady was picked for her opposition for public funded education, what you are asking for is politeness, this is not Really that different from the recent town halls.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So tell me this:

Someone on the right says that transgender people are mentally ill freaks and we should never feed into their delusions, no matter what.

Someone on the left says if it's not hurting us to do so, why not treat transgender people with the dignity and respect that they ask for?

Who is being more open-minded and who is being more close-minded?

Tell me this

If one person says "If you want to be friends with, hire, do business with marry, let your children be around, let your children entertain becoming; a transgender person, go ahead, exercise Your freedom, and if you do not feel comfortable with doing any of those things, then go ahead, exercize Your personal freedom!

And another person says "Everyone has to accept this form of life! Everyone has to respect their struggle! To not show the utmost respect for these special, amazing, better-than-normal people would just be the same as saying the N word. Yep, anyone who does not embrace this lifestyle with open arms, and welcome it into their lives and the lives of their children should be condemned and treated as NAZIS and run out of town or boycotted.

Now, I realize a lot of these people are just minding their own business, taking care of their families and not actually hurting anybody, I repeat, these folks are not actually doing any real damage at all, but, when they voiced their opinions, they revealed to us the thoughts in their mind, and the fact they are different than our thoughts.

This is what we call a 'Thought Crime', people. That's right, these people do not think exactly like us! They assumed that, as long as they went their life never hurting another person or breaking any laws, that they were free to have their own thoughts and speak those thoughts freely within the boundaries of the law(no shouting "fire!" in a theater when there really is no fire, for example). Fools!"

Which one is more open minded, and which is more closed minded?

The one who says "live and let live" or the one who says "live and think like me, or else!"

edit on 5/12/2017 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
When anyone or any group says "this is what we believe and nothing you can say will ever change my mind", they are intolerant. This best describes the left. It is nearly a disease in that the immediate reaction is disgust if you don't believe as them and then an anger if you don't convert to their belief system. The end result is you either become them or you become hated.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Okay, as a liberal myself, this is one of the greatest flaws that we have. Tolerance means accepting the viewpoints of others. If you don't agree with the viewpoint of someone else, the correct responses are to say "We'll just have to agree to disagree," or, if suitable to the situation, you respectfully lay out your opinions and listen to the opinions of the other person.

The left cannot claim to be tolerant if their response to every situation is "lalalalalalala fascist." Both the right and the left have compelling arguments to their side, and both should be willing to listen to the other.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Close-minded people tend to be intolerant of things/people that are different from them - simply because they are different, not because those things/people are harmful or hurt anyone.

Open-minded people tend to be tolerant of things/people that are different from them, as long as they aren't hurting anyone. Am I tolerant of someone who rapes a child? No. Does that make me close-minded? I don't think so.
I am not tolerant of someone who wants to take away civil or human rights from someone who is considered "different". Does that make me close-minded? I don't think so.

That's the trick, you just label something different as dangerous and viola you are justified. That's usually why people are close minded to something. For example, there's plenty of religious intolerance across all political spectrums.
edit on 13-5-2017 by Alto88 because: typo

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join