It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld tried to resign...twice!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just heard on CNN that Donald Rumsfeld attepmted to resign during the abuse scandal...no details that I can find on CNN yet, but he made the comments in a taped interview with Larry King. The full interview is to be aired tonight.

Anyone else catch any more of the details?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I would not be surprised. Even rats are intelligent to jump ship when it's going down.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Assuming Rumsfeld quit who would replace him?

What bothers me about Rumsfeld other then the bungled occupation of Iraq which is delt with in other threads is the fact that he dosnt grasp the most important aspect of warfare people.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
CNN is finally reporting the story...

www.cnn.com...

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld says he twice offered President Bush his resignation during the height of the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal, but the president refused to accept it.

In an interview to be aired Thursday night on CNN's "Larry King Live," Rumsfeld says: "I submitted my resignation to President Bush twice during that period and told him that ... I felt that he ought to make the decision as to whether or not I stayed on. And he made that decision and said he did want me to stay on."

Last April, photos surfaced showing U.S. troops abusing Iraqi detainees at Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad, sparking a furor internationally and on Capitol Hill.

top topics

join