It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 new human-rights for when our brains are hooked up to computers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Oh I can't wait for all those adverts and political statements to be beamed directly into my brain with no way of avoiding them as well as whatever the media wants me to think about. Also be great fun when the system crashes and I am left helpless or maybe if I am one of the lucky ones i can get a good dose of brain damage. I'm confident they will be unable to overheat or catch fire too so completely safe there too.

Mind you if i brush up on my hacking skills I can get people to do what i want and then wipe there memory of said act/s mwhahaha ....

P.S. I AM being sarcastic (added for those without a reasonable education who take everything at face value)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
each of these rights seems firmly planted in natural law.

Thing is, you won't be able to compete without a cognitive enhancement. At what point does your knowledge end, and Google's begin when you integrate with the WWW (or whatever comes next)? We will all be like Phage.

What im most concerned about is a future where we continue down the "dank" path. I mean, look at what is found to be highly interesting and funny by the youth today (although i like the dank memes too):

www.facebook.com...

This is where we are with the generation most likely to create the VR our Neuralink's connect us to.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
We will all be like phage

The world is doomed.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Great post. I think that human integration with machine intelligence is not only desirable but necessary. The only way we'll be able to compete with post-singularity AI is by *becoming* post-singularity AI.
The alternative may be extinction.

But the cultural gap before getting to that point of realization seems currently overwhelming.

<< 1   >>

join