It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aaron Hernandez found dead after hanging in prison cell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

BOSTON -- Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez, who was serving a life sentence for a murder conviction and just days ago was acquitted of double murder, died after hanging himself in his prison cell early Wednesday, Massachusetts prisons officials said.

I'm somewhat surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Especially from our New England members, seeing as he has been a pretty big deal at least up in that area.I lived up there when this all went down.

While I realize he turned out to be not such a very good person, or at least took a troubled road, I do find his death a little off (?) I guess is the best word for the moment.

Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing unit in the maximum-security state prison. He hanged himself using a bed sheet that he attached to a cell window, Fallon said.

Okay so that isn't so unusual really, but then:

Fallon said he's not aware of any suicide note written by Hernandez and stressed that an investigation is ongoing. He said that officials had no concern that Hernandez was planning on taking his own life, and if there was a concern about his well-being, Hernandez would have been transferred to a mental health unit.

Not unusual either but...

Hernandez's lawyer Jose Baez said in a statement. "There were no conversations or correspondence from Aaron to his family or legal team that would have indicated anything like this was possible. Aaron was looking forward to an opportunity for a second chance to prove his innocence.

He was just acquitted and had a decent chance of getting past all this. Why would he suicide now? I could see it happening if he hadn't been, but I do just find this timing a bit curious.

You can read more at the article HERE

May just be me, but my gut is saying something is a little off here.
edit on 4/19/17 by onehuman because: typos

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
covered.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Figures now I see it and I always look at the new post to check too. Thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link