It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goal scored after 3.2 seconds !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I love football, i had trials for Stoke when i was a teenager. Unfortunately i wasn't signed and ultimately didnt play at a high level. I was a centre forward, scored a shed load of goals. Most players will always remember some special goals they scored.

The scorer in this video most certainly wont forget this goal.

Maryhill midfielder Gavin Stokes scored what is one of the fastest goals in world football when he netted from the kick-off against Clydebank.

Stokes' drive from the halfway line took 3.2 seconds to fly past the Clydebank goalkeeper in Saturday's 3-0 win in the West of Scotland Super League First Division, part of the Scottish semi-professional junior football set-up.

Saudi Arabia midfielder Nawaf Al Abed is said to have scored in two seconds for Al Hilal against Al Shoalah in 2010, but the time was not officially recorded.

Two years later, Vuk Bakic scored in 2.2 seconds for Dorcol against Polet in the Serbian second tier.

Meanwhile, English striker Marc Burrows was reportedly aided by a strong wind as he scored in 2.56 seconds for Cowes Sports Reserves against their Eastleigh counterparts in 2004.

Kris Boyd became the fastest goalscorer in Scottish Premier League/Premiership history in January when he scored for Kilmarnock against Ross County 10 seconds after kick-off.

edit on 12/4/17 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Awesome!

Although not a huge fan of football/ soccer, I can appreciate the rare moment and feeling of scoring one of those 1:10,000 shots.

One of the greatest feelings I had on the rink was when I scored a game-winning goal with about 3 seconds left on the clock against a rival team (inline hockey.)

Those who carry on and on about how lame sports are never had the chance to feel one of these serendipitous moments.

edit on 12-4-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I love sports its great for body and soul.

That goal you scored will stay with you forever, cherished memory.

People who say that sports are lame are stiff and are missing exhilarating moments like the one in the video

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I used to play for my school team and was what is now known as a box to box midfielder. Didn't score as many as I would have liked to have, but scored the winning goal in a cup game after scoring an own goal. You could imagine the relief.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Hahahahaaaa brilliant.
From zero to hero huh?

Another example of exhilarating moment(s) in sport.

Brilliant

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Awesome!

Although not a huge fan of football/ soccer, I can appreciate the rare moment and feeling of scoring one of those 1:10,000 shots.

One of the greatest feelings I had on the rink was when I scored a game-winning goal with about 3 seconds left on the clock against a rival team (inline hockey.)

Those who carry on and on about how lame sports are never had the chance to feel one of these serendipitous moments.

I still play hockey and let me tell you there isnt anything better than getting a game winning goal in a tournament game

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

Yeah I need to find a way to start playing again. I actually prefer playing D, but since I'm a big guy I'm an obvious choice to screen as a center.

I love robbing forwards of their shots
I wish I had the chops to play goaltender.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yeah I need to find a way to start playing again. I actually prefer playing D, but since I'm a big guy I'm an obvious choice to screen as a center.

I love robbing forwards of their shots
I wish I had the chops to play goaltender.

Not sure where you are from but here on the east coast ball/ inline hockey is huge. last month was the north american championship there were over 120 teams from north America that came to play.

If you have a.local rink i would talk to the rec department alot of places have mens leauges. Maybe wait till fall though.

Practice that shot over the summer

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Finding a league is not the issue

Finding the time to work around my other responsibilities is

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Not the fastest, but very impressive.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Finding a league is not the issue

Finding the time to work around my other responsibilities is

Trust me i know the feeling brother.

But an hour and a half a week im sure you can manage!

Consider it the same as going to the gym, with the side effect of possibly fighting someone now and again

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Stoke football club, now that brings back memories didn't have to even stick the radio on to know how the game was going as that many people making the ooh's arr's and cheers along with boo's was enough to be able to guess the score without turning on the radio.

Pretty much as soon as my mum was released from the now knocked down but at the time new maternity unity I was in the pub as family members ran it so at about 7 days old and spent many an hour in the grounds.

One of the fun things was every now and again as lads we'd have a bit of a kick about in the inside gym/pitch and one time this old stoke player (can't remember his name now) turned up in a suit and basically tore us a new one must of been 10-1 but he was good and scored a goal so easily we all felt a bit deflated.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

While fun to watch, the reason goalies are not ready for this is that there is an organisation wide gentlemen's agreement not to do this.

The reasoning is that if this is thing, the goalie will be ready and it will be an easy save, thus essentially just replacing the kickoff from the middle with a kickoff from the goalie - It is a waste of time and a waste of possession.

So, yeah, it makes for fun videos, but it really is unsportsmanlike conduct.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

While fun to watch, the reason goalies are not ready for this is that there is an organisation wide gentlemen's agreement not to do this.

The reasoning is that if this is thing, the goalie will be ready and it will be an easy save, thus essentially just replacing the kickoff from the middle with a kickoff from the goalie - It is a waste of time and a waste of possession.

So, yeah, it makes for fun videos, but it really is unsportsmanlike conduct.

I totally disagree, or are you being sarcastic?
The goalie has as much time as every other player to be ready.

The whistle blows and its game on. Its his fault they scored and the manager should eat him for dinner.

It is so opposite unsportsmanlike conduct its laughable. Its a supreme bit of skill from the goalscorer.

Actually you are being sarcastic aren't you? Because i am flummoxed, flabbergasted and in disbelief at your claims...

top topics

join