It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minor vindication for the world of conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: punkinworks10
a reply to: Byrd

Glyptodonts, think glyptodonts.
They are right size. There is talk of the similarity in body design between them and turtles. Recent work shows that tuttles shells and body plan are an adaptation to burrowing. Havent several glyptodnt fossils have been found rolled up in a ball, as though they had burrowed into the ground and died.

I've seen glyptodont fossils in the museum. They're about the size of a Shetland pony. Not that big. Those tunnels are larger than the hallways in your house/apartment.

Glyptodon measured 3.3 metres (11 ft) in length, 1.5 metres (4.9 ft) in height and weighed up to 2 tonnes (4,400 lb).

glyptodon

I would say that would be large enough to make that burrow

and their eye structure is adapted for the dark

Rod monochromacy is a rare condition characterized by the absence of cone photoreceptor cells in the eyes of vertebrates. It results in colorblindness and low acuity vision in dim-light conditions and blindness in bright-light conditions. Xenarthrans most likely only used vision at night, during twilight, and while in burrows. However, the understory of South America's rainforests may have been dark enough during the day to facilitate limited vision for species that dwelled there. Extinct glyptodonts' tough carapace and large body size might have compensated for their inability to see approaching predators.

again i might add that new research shows that turtle shells are an adaptation for burrowing.

<< 1   >>

join