It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found the Exxon Russia 2013 deal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I had to find a 2013 article to find it. It seems to be an exploration deal, not a drilling deal. And nowhere does it claim to be worth 500 billion as claimed by articles that popped up in 2016 after Tillerson was tapped for Secretary of State. It doesn't appear to be honest reporting to me. More like a political smear campaign. If you can find more info about the deal, please share.

www.aljazeera.com...

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The "thinkprogress" article seems to suggest the Paris Climate Agreement will somehow stop the Arctic ice from melting, thus stopping the drilling !!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
For somebody who claimed to have joined ATS due to having a fascination with top secret stuff, your 3-5 pro-Trump threads a day and literally nothing else posted sure are a head-scratcher.

Forbes puts the Exxon deal at about $720 million for exploration. The $500 billion stamp comes from Russians saying they think the exploration will lead to potentially $500 billion worth of oil.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
For somebody who claimed to have joined ATS due to having a fascination with top secret stuff, your 3-5 pro-Trump threads a day and literally nothing else posted sure are a head-scratcher.

People can't have other interests?
I mainly come here for the science and conspiracy stuff but am also politically active. Typically only posting in threads like these when I see someone acting a fool...
*wink wink*
*nudge nudge*
ETA:
And there is an awful lot of foolery going around these days.
edit on 1-4-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Shamrock6

People can't have other interests?
I mainly come here for the science and conspiracy stuff but am also politically active. Typically only posting in threads like these when I see someone acting a fool...
*wink wink*
*nudge nudge*
ETA:
And there is an awful lot of foolery going around these days.

I didn't say people can't have other interests, did I? I mean you quoted me, so I presume you read what I said so I guess it's a comprehension issue for you? Best not to make something up and pretend the I said it so you have a platform to launch your feeble limp-wristed attack from.

Least I was on topic

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Why would Russians want America to take Russia's oil? If there is indeed 500 billion worth of oil there, wouldn't Russians want it all to themselves? Russia is a high tech country. They don't need Americans to do exploration and drilling for them

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I mean you understand that most, if not all, countries that have oil and other natural resources in them export those resources, right?

I'm not Russian so I can't really speak to what Russians want, or why they entered into a deal with Exxon.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Because the US has the two globally biggest oil, gas and water drilling equipment supplies in the world?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
From the 2013 article it seems it was a swap. The US get some Russian oil in the Arctic and Russia get some American oil in Alaska. Russians are not dumb enough to give Russian oil to America for free.

new topics

top topics

join