It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOUR PAPERS, PLEASE �8-year-olds face electronic tagging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
High-tech monitoring proposed
for out-of-control pre-teens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: June 25, 2003
5:00 p.m. Eastern

� 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

In an effort to crack down on an epidemic of youth crime, Scotland is considering a proposal to electronically tag repeat offenders, possibly as young as eight years old, the daily Scotsman reported.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well thats the only way to go, how else can u stop a repeat offender repeating?

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
How about educating those teens?
Trying to understand why these problems are occuring.
Deep

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Educating them? The ones that want to learn maybe.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

ditto

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Electronic tagging is not the way to do this. Once we as a civilization cross the line into electronic tagging of individuals our entire race will lose all of our freedoms in only a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Seriously, thier people not cattle!

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

punishment.
extreme painful, torturous, punishment.
something that would make even the nazis shudder.
celine dion. all day long.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Actually we have had tagging for years.Criminals released on probation are often required to wear a monitor on their ankle.
Personally I believe that once you become a felon you lose the right to freedom,and I believe that should go for teen punks and thugs too.No reason why you can't rehabilitate a person while keeping tabs on them too.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I read an article where electronic implants were going to be tested in Mexico. I wish I still had the link.

The idea was that it was to record a persons medical information so it could be read at a hospital if the person had to come in for emergency treatment. The initial test was going to be with 20,000 people.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Actually we have had tagging for years.Criminals released on probation are often required to wear a monitor on their ankle.
Personally I believe that once you become a felon you lose the right to freedom,and I believe that should go for teen punks and thugs too.No reason why you can't rehabilitate a person while keeping tabs on them too.

we're talking about 8 year olds! Ever hear of ritalin?

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hey I have seen some 8 year olds that would smoke you for a quarter.Don't get me wrong I believe in freedom to the fullest degree,and when they start tagging regular people I will scream to the top of my lungs.I didn't read what exactly this child didso I am not saying that this particular case is justified.I will read it though.Problem is we live in a society where no one wants to take blame for anything they do.Parents have to be careful how they handle their children or risk imprisonment themselves.So my point was that if the only way to maybe help this child or save someones life in the future is to monitor them then so be it.

top topics

join