It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Jordanian Tells Passengers U.S. Is Barring Electronic Devices From Its Flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Despite all the hoopla about Trump's Executive Orders about terrorist screening, it seems some influence is being exercised on foreign aitlines that fly to the U.S.

Royal Jordanian Airlines is somehow limiting passengers use of specific electronic devises about flights.

Seems they got this from official U.S. directives.

Hmmm.

Royal Jordanian Tells Passengers U.S. Is Barring Electronic Devices From Its Flights

Royal Jordanian Airlines told passengers on flights to and from the U.S. Monday that because of a directive from the U.S. government, no laptops and other electronic devices could be brought into the cabin of a plane.

In messages posted on both Twitter and Facebook and now deleted, the international carrier said cellphones and electronic devices needed for medical reasons could be carried on-board,but everything else had to be stowed in checked baggage "following instructions from the concerned U.S. departments."

The directive takes effect Tuesday, and applies to flights to and from New York, Chicago, Detroit and Montreal.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Homemade Stinger missile owned by a group of terrorists.
Use cellphone app as homing device activated by innocent passenger.
Is my first thought.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Flying procedures are just another way they can f#ck with you, the disparity is absurd.. I have flown with a set of motorcycle forks in my arm as I boarded but on another flight a cycle helmet that was attached to my rucksack via a helmet holder was not permitted???...

I had flown 20 odd times with a power bank then one random flight in Thailand all of a sudden it was not even allowed on the plane, even if checked in.. Needless to say there was a massive clear bin filled with peoples power banks!!!..

I was not allowed to have the small co2 canister (tyre inflator) in my bike box on one flight when I was told on numerous other flights that 3 are permitted to be carried and when I pointed out every life vest on board has one you just a "well do not fly then"...

Lap tops are allowed on one leg of a flight then on the next they have to have the battery unattached and checked in!!!, on and f#cking on it goes.....

RA

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Norge

Is my first thought.

Another might be the possibility of remotely accessing the flight computers in the avionics bay from a lap top in the passenger cabin.

They made them remotely accessible after 911 to prevent more 911s... double edge sword.
edit on 20-3-2017 by intrptr because: portion redacted

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Looks like I wont be flying with them,
not that I would have ever for several reasons.

Fishy!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Is my first thought.

That was your first thought?
Dang.
I suppose it's possible.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Not just Jordanian Airlines , www.usatoday.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Must be some samsung note 7s still out there .

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

a reply to: c2oden

www.independent.co.uk...

While that is an interesting report on 'making thermal batteries at home', my guess is when Russian combat aircraft begin to be shot down over Syria, it will be because real stingers were given to the western backed terrs operating in country by "coalition" (ahem) US covert operatives, also in country.

It will be easier now to blame the isis though, saying they made expedient batteries. But who will know anyway after the jet is down there won't be any evidence of home made batteries in the Main stream news.

Not only batteries are short-lived, many of the 'disused missiles' left over in Libya require special combination trigger groups that allow the missile to be activated at all. The trigger groups weren't delivered with the missiles and thats why the missiles are just 'laying around'.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join