It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
hi I'm just new to this site, and I'm from Australia. you posting is the first thing that i read on the site and i found it very interesting. i study sociology and i believe that man created God. i believe that Jesus was a very persuasive and charasmatic man that won over many followers, (apart from those who follow the Jewish traditions of faith - which i always found interesting, as Jesus was a self proclaimed Jew, and his own religion didn't believe that he was the chosen one).
i think that all religion was created by man in order to serve our need for having something to believe in. as people, we also like rules and regulations to follow, and this need was also served by the creation of religion. religion creates comfort for people, gives them a reason to be here and a reason for being here, and as Marx once said, "Religion is the opium of the people".
all in all, i believe that God and religion was created by man, but that does not mean that it is a bad thing. if something can create comfort for us, then what can be bad about it? on the other hand, if something also creates wars, then what can be good about it?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This is a question that's tormented me for my entire life!! And, my philosophy is, in order to rationalize the question, we have to first know what God is! Since, no man has seen God, or actually heard him, it's hard to believe he even exists. In the bible it says no man can see his face and live, implying that he has a physical presence. It also says that his voice is like a rushing mighty wind, and as strong as thunder. Moses asked to to see him, and fainted in the process. But, it also states that he allowed moses to see the back of him as he passed by.
And, don't forget that we are made in his image! What that is, confuses me evenmore. I think that the fact he has been described as being so powerful that he can't be seen, or really heard in that aspect, leaves me to believe that man has more or less created their own ideology of what a supreme being is. By these characteristics you have to just believe without evidence (faith), because God is described as an impossible being, and you have to make up your mind if you believe the concept or not.
I think God has always existed because God is the concept of creation. I don't think God is this Old Man with a silver beard, I think he is more like energy. He says that he is everything, because he is creation, and he created everything.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I mentioned that no man has heard God, I meant that the discription of his voice states that his voice is just as powerful as his presence. I think that the bible confuses us in the description of God. It says Elijah walked with God, but that implies again that he is in some sort of form, and not a ball of energy. I think man has so many creations for the unexplained. I think God is the same as Zeus. And, I think the fact that Mary had a virgin birth is a twist on the fact that Zeus impregnated a mortal and had Hurcules. So, man created God to rationalize the fact that we can't explain the creation of ourselves, and the universe.

<< 1   >>

join