It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris' Orly airport has been evacuated ...man shot dead by securityforces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Breaking: Paris' Orly airport evacuated as 'man shot dead by security forces after trying to grab soldier's gun'

Orly airport has been evacuated after a man was shot dead after he allegedly tried to grab a soldier's firearm.
A soldier fired at the man who was then detained by security forces, as police did a sweep of the airport in search of potential accomplices or explosives.
The man was later pronounced dead, AFP and BFM TV reported.
Passengers wrote on Twitter that they had heard gunshots in the south terminal on Saturday morning and police were carrying out a security operation as they were told to flee.
A police spokesman wrote on Twitter: "Ongoing police operation. Do not cross the security perimeter, follow the instructions."

I wonder if this was a deranged lone person or a lone wolf ?

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
MOD NOTE: FIXED LINK
edit on Sat Mar 18 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote & added EX TAGS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk

France has been under a state of emergency since the November 2015 Paris attacks.

Nothing to do with the migrants though right?

ETA Looks like a police officer has been shot at a checkpoint moments after the airport shooting.

France's interior minister confirmed the shooting, which is a separate incident.

The shooting happened in the north of Paris during a road check.

At Paris Orly Airport, in the south of the city, a man was shot by a soldier after he tried to snatch his weapon.

The man lunged at the soldier, then ran and hid in McDonald's.

A soldier shot the man, and he was later pronounced dead.

The latest shootings come a month after a similar incident at the Louvre Museum.

Link
edit on 18-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

OP: You really will have to learn to host your threads properly. It is as dead as a dodo here.

Try replying and handing out a few stars when folks make the effort.

POST DELETED because OP isn't bothering to reflect on their thread even slightly.
edit on 18-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Well, I gave you a star for pointing that out, because you are absolutely right.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

OP: You really will have to learn to host your threads properly. It is as dead as a dodo here.

Try replying and handing out a few stars when folks make the effort.

POST DELETED because OP isn't bothering to reflect on their thread even slightly.

Thats rather harsh.

Maybe the guy is busy, or sleeping.

It is the middle of the night, not a busy time around here.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9You are what is wrong with society right now I caught the fact that an incident had occurred and I put it here for discussion before having to leave home, I don't have ats available 24/7 however I thought people might be able to interact and discuss without my immediate input
I have been a member here for many years responding to people on all types of subjects and staring and flagging hundreds of opinions and topics

If you represent what ATS is now I do hope your ignorant and self assuming small mindedness have a very short life before realising that decency and debate would have been a better choice

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well, looks like Islamic extremism is, in fact, the reason for this attack.

The 39-year-old suspected attacker killed at Paris’ Orly airport on Saturday after trying to wrestle away a soldier’s weapon had already crossed authorities’ radar for suspected Islamic extremism.
Paris prosecutors said the suspect's house was among scores searched in November 2015 in the immediate aftermath of ISIS-led suicide bomb-and-gun attacks that killed 130 people in Paris. Those searches targeted people with suspected radical leanings.
The alleged attacker said that he was there "to die for Allah" and dropped a bag on the floor containing a can of gasoline, according to prosecutors.

Paris airport attack: Prosecutors say attacker was monitored for suspected Islamic extremism

So, he shouted, he was "there to die for Allah". Then he attempted to grab an officers weapon.

A witness identified only as Dominque told BFM television: "The soldiers took aim at the man, who in turn pointed the gun he had seized at the two soldiers."

At which point he was shot dead by the soldiers.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
IMO, France was the first and the rest fell like dominoes.

I can't believe we are literally witnessing the EU collapsing under the weight of this immigrant influx. Thank god we have a President looking to stop that.

I am curious as well if the shooter was a Lonewolf or working with others.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

edit on 18-3-2017 by D8Tee because: Redundancy

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Another Islamis pn a watchlist who managed to do this act, who no doubt would have done more if he wasn't stopped.

And probably more votes for Le Pen in the elections coming up.

I think the French have had enough. Mind you.. I think we've all had enough.

Whatever happened to the peaceful 80's and 90's?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The radical islamist was not only known by the french and EU intelligence, but, as usual it's highly likely he was their agent for some time.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Since the wanna be martyr failed... will his 72 virgins vanish? Will he be awarded 72 soap bars?

I need some religious enlightenment here.

And many thanks to the soldiers for the cleanup

edit on 2017 3 19 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: Added thx

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Agent, or merely being watched? Could one or the other.

Not everyone being watched is an agent, or informant, you know. As an agent, it'd be fairly obvious he's not too bright, or wasn't, since he got his young ass shot and killed. Nope, not too bright.

new topics

top topics

join