It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athens, was founded by who and when ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Earnst Martin's book The People History Forgot is a interesting read . Its in both text and audio askelm.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
If I'm reading this right the Greeks were descended from ancient Turks? No wonder they hate each other so much perhaps their story is similar to Ishmael/isaac....

No they were not . Anatolia and modern day Turks are two different people, while it's hard to pin down exactly who founded Athens, the closest I'd look is the European first farmers, I know that's too wide but all we have remaining are Myths and legends, which may hold some grain of truth.

Have anyone though of the etymology of the word Athens or Athena the goddess.
edit on 16-3-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
No they were not . Anatolia and modern day Turks are two different people, while it's hard to pin down exactly who founded Athens, the closest I'd look is the European first farmers, I know that's too wide but all we have remaining are Myths and legends, which may hold some grain of truth.

Athens was originally comprised of two peoples, the natives of Attica and an influx of Ionians, that's not in question, the language is derived from both, but the date, that's the problem. Theseus who it is claimed in myth founded Athens in the 13th C BCE, was a legend that dates to much later in history and the Greeks had a tendency to want everything founded by one person. So if they didn't know they just picked a local cultural hero and added it to his list of accomplishments. Theseus was born in Troezen, which is about 35 miles southeast of Athens.

Here is the etymology

Athens, city of ancient Attica, capital of modern Greece, from Greek Athenai (plural because the city had several distinct parts), traditionally derived from Athena, but probably assimilated from a lost name in a pre-Hellenic language.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

There is evidence that the first humans settled in the area of Athens around the 4th Millennium BC. Other than that , it's Founder is Unknown . Maybe it was Settled by a Tribe of People .

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Marduk

There is evidence that the first humans settled in the area of Athens around the 4th Millennium BC. Other than that , it's Founder is Unknown . Maybe it was Settled by a Tribe of People .

Did you just read the title and none of the thread, I posted about the Neolithic evidence in the OP
and its legendary founder is well known. I posted about that in the OP as well

top topics

<< 1   >>

join