It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 crash ..they prepared for marshal law.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
In the 2008 crash we were about eight hours away from a Greek situation, where the cash machines would do nothing, except decline your request. The banks we were told were to big to fail, if they had failed we would have had Marshal law . I came across this very interesting piece, which might very well suggest, that in the case of a true bank collapse back in 2008 the government decided it was not ready to lock down the country. However in the years after it appears that the Government has actually upped its game to a point where in the face of an economic Calamity it has all the powers available to invoke Marshal law. This has information from a German Bank employee, that says that in the event of financial collapse, Marshal law will have certain signatures preceding it. One is that they will close the teller machines down for the weekend on a Friday, and say its just a tempopy measure to remove a computer virus, but on Monday you will wake up to a different world.
Now remember a lot of Bankers have been dying lately, remember their are cash controls, for this to work it would mean a ban on cash, and would require total reliance on teller machines. But you can bet your bottom dollar this scenario would have been visualised, in such an eventuality.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Uh, check your word usage. You will help your credibility a lot.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So let's i heed the 3 day warning and snag $300-$600 or even $1,000 from the ATM. Big deal, now what. In the frame of a banking collapse that kind of money is meaningless.

For that matter in a banking collapse I think paper money would be worthless.

edit on 13-3-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Year zero relevance perhaps?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is an interesting read about what life was like during Argentina's currency collapse.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMeatPuppet

Here's how it is likely to play out.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
^
I remember that video going viral when it first came out a few years ago. What I disagree with

1) Everything happening over the course of a day (things will be spread out over a few weeks)

2) China won't announce that they are done with American debt. They will sell it off piece by piece until it is all gone. No sense deflating what you hold. This is the thing I keep my eye on personally.

2) People panic buying. The vast majority of people worldwide have no clue how fragile the economic system really is. I don't know the percentage but most will not know something is wrong until they can't get money. And even then the media will play it down as being "temporary".

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Uh, check your word usage. You will help your credibility a lot.

This bugs the crap out of me.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: deuceawesome

What are they preparing for?

top topics

join