It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

katie hopkins : hoisted by her own petard :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
i am not a great fan of public humiliation - but i do make exceptions

ms hopkins - is one very deserving exception

the TL : DR summary :

in 2015 a war memorial was vandalised by " someone " and ms hopkins for reasons unknown blamed jack monroe [ who is actually a young lady ] in a series of twitter insults - ms munroe [ who was innocent ] demanded that hopkins pledge £5k to charties specified my munroe or face legal action

ms hophins chose to go " full retard " and the case went to court

now - yesterday - the verdict has been returned - ms hopkins must pay ms munroe £24k damages [ i suspect this will be redirected to charity ] PLUS £300k legal expenses [ in such cases it is common for the loser pays the legal bils for BOTH sides in UK civil actions ]

a public appologie and £5k to charity must seem like a good idea now

ms hopkins - screw you - the only person i have more contempt for is the cockwomble who actually vandalised the war memorial that kicked off this farce

source reportage
edit on 11-3-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I share in your understandable despisement of the pathetic excuse for a human being called Katie Hopkins (is her job title still Gob-for-Rent?)

I have (shockingly) agreed with one thing she's said and that was that neglect was at the heart of the case or poor missing Madeline McCann.

She's a z list celebrity, clearly she wanted to be famous and used The Apprentice as her vehicle into the limelight. Most z list celebrities come to us via Big Brother or national Karaoke Competitions like X-Factor and the like but she's obviously classier than that, hahahahaha

It's good to hear that she didn't land on her feet for once, things always seem sunny for idiots like her...
edit on 11/3/17 by djz3ro because: I wanted to add my opinion of the OP...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You gummed my candy bar... coddle me.

Palms and murcans share the same idiocy.

Law suits are best worn pressed, for show.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
She's not very likeable.

However...
She speaks out on taboo areas that others don't.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

And you are ? Hold on..? Holds hand to ear.....

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
She's not very likeable.

However...

That's the Rent-a-Gob moniker I was talking about. She is noboby, her opinion is worthless. She speaks to cause controversy and that's the only trick she has up her sleeve. If she feels she's dropping out of the limelight all she has to do is call a tabloid and tell them her opinion (which I don't believe are off the cuff soundbites but well planned out, written blurbs). She is a very, very clever women, even if she doesan't show it. Manipulation and Controversy are her weapons and she knows how to wield each equally...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

One word fizzle...

Second hisrory, or should i say herstory.?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

She's not very likeable.

However...
True but is this a good thing? How is she speaking about these taboos? Is she polite/fair/balance/capable of engaging in sensible and intelligent debate? Or she just idiot bait for people to lazy to think?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

She does indeed know what subjects to cover to get publicity. Agreed, those soundbites are contrived.

All opinions are worthy in some way though.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

I can't answer that generally, only my opinion.

She's been covering immigration in Sweden lately and highlights points their media won't dare touch.

Debate wise - yeah she's better than most people on here. YouTube it.

I don't like her personally. But won't stifle her taboos like the left want us to... Because that is how a country gets ruined.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: and14263

And you are ? Hold on..? Holds hand to ear.....

? You've lost me. I'd like to engage in valuable discourse. Maybe you don't.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I can't answer that generally, only my opinion.

She's been covering immigration in Sweden lately and highlights points their media won't dare touch.

Debate wise - yeah she's better than most people on here. YouTube it.

I don't like her personally. But won't stifle her taboos like the left want us to... Because that is how a country gets ruined.

Fact One Most people know nothing about the left.
Fact Two: It may be true to say that some of the left can be classed as the liberal elite but most off these are the middle of the roaders. Anyway these people tend o be educated. For educated people their education encourages critical thinking which tends to debate.
Fact three: The history of the left is riven with debates. Some of which have even led to murder and imprisonment.
What do you think?
FYI Donald Trump, Ronald Regan, Robert Mugabe all refused to debate with me. What does that prove?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22000881]Tiger5[/post
FYI Donald Trump, Ronald Regan, Robert Mugabe all refused to debate with me. What does that prove?

That you have a really awful track record of debating with world leaders?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I did not mention liberal elite.

What do I think? No idea. Because I'm not sure what point you're making.

Are you saying the left are well educated and critical thinkers? I disagree with that generalisation.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have worked at two former workplaces of this female. Some of the stories, my word!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Vile creature who only ever says things for publicity and money.

I love the bit where KH had suggested that Twitter was like the Wild West where anything goes and it says the judge had shown that there was no such thing as a Twitter outlaw!

new topics

top topics

join