It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC And Weird TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Okay, I have a weird TV. Sometimes if I just leave it on it will have a dialogue box come up and say, "Dialing operator.....No answer........Dialing Operator.....No Answer"
Yesterday, the day when Iraq had the elections it came up with this box that said, "Discussing Historical Significance in Democratic Way"....While on MSNBC.
It covers the screen and you can only see the upper-half of the TV.

Ok. First, what is this dialogue box from? Secondly, Where is its input coming from and why? Thirdly, What the ****?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Don't know about the states, but in the UK, one of the PayTV operators (Sky) uses a PSTN line to dial up all its interatcive services..

Could be that? Not 100% sure, but it's what pops into mind.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I get airline communications on channel 21 up here in canada.
but only when there are planes overhead.

quite odd though, text?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone
I get airline communications on channel 21 up here in canada.
but only when there are planes overhead.

quite odd though, text?

It is odd how devices seem to get things they are otherwise not suppose to get. Like this dialogue box isn't even suppose to be there. There is also some kinda of programming code that will come up, I assume is programming code because it is non-decipherable. It looks kinda like computer programming language.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It happens to me also, sometimes I am seeing tv and then this dialoge box appears, then some kind of html code appears but it dissapears when I change to another channel

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrike
It happens to me also, sometimes I am seeing tv and then this dialoge box appears, then some kind of html code appears but it dissapears when I change to another channel

Is it a Sanyo?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Don't know about the states, but in the UK, one of the PayTV operators (Sky) uses a PSTN line to dial up all its interatcive services..

We have the same thing here in Australia, with digital cable.

Never heard of a dialog box coming up?
Have you called and asked the cable company?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter

We have the same thing here in Australia, with digital cable.

Never heard of a dialog box coming up?
Have you called and asked the cable company?

Nope, not yet. It doesn't bother me that much yet. I don't have a remote control so I rarely watch it, just kinda leave it on and listen for comfort. It's kinda a security blanket so I don't have to hear silence throughout my house. And I don't have the intiative to go buy a new controller. . . . . . . . . . I'm kinda lazy for now, resting for the 6.5 weeks I'm gonna be running from 4 AM to 8PM. (Boot Camp)

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell

Originally posted by shrike

Is it a Sanyo?

If you are refering to the mark, it's a Samsung

[edit on 1-2-2005 by shrike]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yes I am referring to the mark, brand, or whatever you call it in your country.

new topics

top topics

join