It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hunted Television Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I did a search and didn't find anything about this show, which really surprised me. I thought this would be right up ATS's Alley.

They follow 16 people, in pairs. The whole theme of the show is that they have to be "hunted" by the worlds best law enforcement for 30 days, and not get caught.
I really thought this would be a cool idea for a show. The pairs have a very limited window, from when they are told they are being hunted, to when the hunt actually begins. Like a half hour to an hour.
Of course, the hunters are allowed to use almost any means necessary to find them. From social media, to traffic cameras, to out and out intimidating family members.

While I don't know all of the "Official" rules, I most certainly wouldn't let someone come in my house and interrogate me, just because they knocked on the door.
Some of the people that have been caught, have made some of the dumbest decisions. "We've made it half way, lets go celebrate with Taco Bell."

While there are three couples left, I think there is only one episode left.

Overall?
It has been entertaining to see what the hunters have at their disposal. Alot of things I already knew about, like the camera's and the social media. And that they would dig into your history, going back to your 3rd grade teacher if need be!

As for the people being hunted, some I thought would know better, apparently don't. And I am still trying to figure out why people just don't stay in the middle of the woods, when they have a great spot?

I will say that for the most part, I have been disappointed. Maybe it is because I have learned so much here, on a conspiracy site, but I feel like the overall theme of the show is just an advertisement to the masses:

Don't run. We will find you anywhere.

If they really want to make this show entertaining?
Have all survivalist. Some "New", Some "Old School"
That would be entertaining. At least they could survive without Taco bell!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

The show has aired in the UK with British people cast, both hunted and hunters. The hunters use everything at their disposal, my take on it is that the have much the same resource as the police would have if it was an actual manhunt (some are shown, like social media, ANPR, bank withdrawls, mobile phone records and triangulation etc, but i would imagine some sensitive techniques are not shown)

If you sign up for the show you give consent for your family, friends etc to be interrogated and IT equipment removed for searches or monitored for leads, unlike in a real life scenario where the police would not need consent.

I personally like the show, have seen a few winners make it. Biggest mistake people, in my opinion, are making is that they cannot "keep off grid" for the duration of the show, missing family and siblings they just cannot keep of the phone or other attempts to make contact, trusting complete strangers for rides, food and accommodation, even though a reward of ££££ has been offered to anyone who has had contact with the hunted and can point the hunters in the right direction.

Last series in the UK if i remember, two ex military contestants were hunted down fairly quickly, i thought those guys would have had a better idea of what to do to remain concealed.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I didn't know we stole it from you!

I wondered about agreeing up front to the questioning, because it just didn't seem to make sense. But I had to wonder why this ladies mom didn't at least lie to them.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I hate the show because of when it airs. I have the 2 meter net on Wednesday nights at 8 pm and since the show Hunted has began and also since the show takes place in our area, my 2 meter contacts have dropped by half or more.

It would be interesting if any of the participants were hams and I could get them on the net. Still, I don't know the delay the show has in broadcasting, if it has already finished, or semi-live.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Loving this show, personally! Been watching on the DVR, when we can get everyone together, and wow, some of the moves these people make are SO careless!! Won't post spoilers, in case anyone wants to catch up, but wow!

The inability to stay away from people they know, or from tech, seems to be the worst mistake. I think it's a bit unfair, though, the way they have the ATM set up that one almost can't avoid using! Someone on the run would NOT likely do that! That rule makes it easier on the hunters.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I didn't know we stole it from you!

I wondered about agreeing up front to the questioning, because it just didn't seem to make sense. But I had to wonder why this ladies mom didn't at least lie to them.

Exactly! Agreeing to have people questioned does NOT mean they can't lie. I'd have people set up telling all sorts of fake stories, personally! By the end, they'd really dislike me, lol!

top topics

join