It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lies, but has his lies ever gotten anyone killed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Do you have ANY argument or information to defend Trump that HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HILLARY OR OBAMA?

Any at all?

Anything (?) that you can post to shore up your support of Trump without bringing up anyone else?

To be fair, half assed deflections are all the rage in political discourse.

It sucks. Its frustrating. You can make 2 choices: 1. spend time on the partisans, or 2. spend time on the rational folks who like to actually conversd

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm all about actually conversing.

When, precisely, should one just give up?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

For me, its when I start to suffer a loss of enjoyment in participating in the conversation.

Im not here for anyone but myself. Im here to entertain myself. Why on Earth would I choose to continue talking to someone who is making my experience less enjoyable?

Thats my take on it, anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

For me, its when I start to suffer a loss of enjoyment in participating in the conversation.

Im not here for anyone but myself. Im here to entertain myself. Why on Earth would I choose to continue talking to someone who is making my experience less enjoyable?

And that's exactly what lots of us are feeling here. It's a bummer to even log on.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Stevemagegod

Do you have ANY argument or information to defend Trump that HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HILLARY OR OBAMA?

Any at all?

Anything (?) that you can post to shore up your support of Trump without bringing up anyone else?

2. spend time on the rational folks who like to actually conversd

I do a lot of scrolling these days, in search of #2. And trying to avoid #1.

Government/history and related is not my strong suit, but I am here trying to learn.

What we've got, is not what I want. But, it is what it is -- it is what we have to deal with.

How it's actually dealt with is what I look for.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I can dig that.

What i can't approve of is #neverTrump. The act of fighting blindly against whatever it is he is doing, and which is going on whole sale from all angles, is only going to create a backlash that is worse. Whatever one side does, the other side does more of. And it seems no one is smart enough to say "Enough" and just walk away from the madness.

So good luck. Finding ways to fight against stuff you disagree with while still supporting things that you either don't care about or agree with is exactly what any citizen on this planet should do.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

And that's exactly what lots of us are feeling here. It's a bummer to even log on.

Add me to that list.

I'm still trying, but really stepping back a lot and asking myself, "Do I really have anything to add to the conversation".

The answer is usually No.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I'm a Progressive Globalist, as you well know --- and major supporter of equality and separation of church and state.

There's not much I'm gonna like about this administration.

But, this is what we have to work with right now.

I am against obstructionism for the sake of obstructionism.

Doing to Trump what was done to Obama is not how you move things forward.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
The right wingers here are truly a sad bunch. Imagine if this was the bar for Obama.

The bar wasn't set that low for Obama thats the problem.

Just wow, the right wingers here reach new lows everyday. Seriously, the bar drops to new lows when the OP is implying that his lies are okay as long as people don't die.

When you reach the power of the Presidency Lies have Power. However if those Lies get people Killed you should be held accountable. People here on ATS tried to turn it into Trumps Benghazi when in reality our president gave it to us straight. The people's President would've just used Bleachbit to cover her tracks.

How about this. His lack of attentiveness to what was going on in Yemen got 30+ people killed, several of them were US assets. His coziness to his supreme leader, Putin, resulted in dozens of deaths in the Ukraine.

Fun Fact Obama was in charge when Supreme Leader took Ukraine.

Not to mention that his racism has caused the separation of families across the US with the deportation;

Wait what? Obama deported over 2 million people. Obama is the real family separator.

let's not even consider all the Muslims that were impacted by Trump's stupidity including a baby that was turned away for a life saving surgery.

O boo who a baby was turned away. What about the Baby of the two San Bernardino Terrorists that has no parents because both of there parents died in a Blaze of Glory for Allah? Shooting up the Christmas party even after the employees raised money for them. One day that baby will know the trurth that there parents were terrorists.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
Wait what? Obama deported over 2 million people. Obama is the real family separator.

So Obama was tough on immigration/immigrants then? Because what I've heard for the last few months is that wasn't the case.

On another note... I don't think anyone can really compare Trump ordering an unsuccessful raid in Yemen to the case that has been made that several administrations have lied us into outright war. I don't like Trump either but that's just being dishonest. Hubris was more likely the cause of the death of the Navy SEAL and those poor people.

He lied about how successful it was.
edit on (2/21/1717 by PistolPete because: added word

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Okay.

Now that several hours have elapsed.....I am reviewing this thread, and I just have to ask, BFFT (my ATS friend):

I really don't think this "conversation" is meant to be just about whether or not you are entertained. I, for one, and a woman to boot!, think these conversations are very important. Believe me when I say that coming here every morning is often far more fraught with anxiety than it is with 'entertainment.'

I could explain to you why that is, if you are interested. It has to do with uncontrollable empathy.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

So Obama was tough on immigration/immigrants then? Because what I've heard for the last few months is that wasn't the case.

If thats what you heard then you didn't pay attention at all to the debates or what Trump has said. Trump was criticizing the Catch and Release Programs, while at the same time Complimenting Obama for deporting more people than any President has in History. Obama's nickname at one time was "Deporter in Chief".

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: DJW001

Trump is likely going to accidentally perjure himself while speaking on the record. That's what I see as the most likely avenue an impeachment will occur.

He does that on a regular basis but it seems to have no effect........

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I'm all about actually conversing.

When, precisely, should one just give up?

When they start calling Trump Hitler, or a Fascist is when they should give up. That's when you know they have lost the argument. I have seen many examples on Social Media.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join