It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just let me ramble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I dont know if time travel is possible but I love to discuss all the "what ifs" and different theroys.
If it were possible and I travelled to the past it would not be a true past. Me being there changes something. Even if it is only someone having to walk around me, it changed. And who knows, maybe that second it took for that person to walk around me they now narrowly avoid an accident when in the original time line they died. And so by changing the past you also changed the future. The guy whos life you saved might now go on to commit some heinous crime, mass murder etc.
I have heard some say that they think we can only travel to the past because the future hasnt happened yet. If the future hasnt happened yet then where are you going to tell the people in the past you came from? You cant be from the future because it hasnt happened yet right?
Then there are those that say one could only travel into the future. The future is still the past to someone since we are talking about time travel. And the past is still someones future. If one can manipulate time I believe we could go to the future or the past. But I say again it wouldnt be a true future or past. Throwing yourself into a different time would in no doubt change something. We have the ability to alter the future in the present. We make choices all the time. Myself, I hate spiders. Ill kill them every chance I get. But lets say I let the next one I see live. How many generations might possibly go on from that one spider? How many insects will be caught in all of thier webs? A countless number I would imagine. On the other hand, what if I kill that spider? I have possibly prevented the birth of many generations of spiders and spared the lives of countless bothersome insects that in turn they will go on to give birth to more bothersome insects.
If I can travel into the future, what happened to the time you jumped over to get there? What would have been the future if had you stayed where you were instantly becomes the past. Where does this leave the present? The past, present and the future are all connected. The very second that you read this sentence I will call the present. When you started reading this post the present as I described it had not happened yet making it the future. But now you have read it making it the past. The present was once the future and is now the past. They are all the same. The future and the past have already happened. So why does it take so long to get through 8 hours of work you ask? Heck if I know but since time slows down there Im sure its connected too!
Over all, if it were possible to travel through time, even with the best of intentions we would screw it all up even more than it already is. And if one managed change the past it would still be a normal present for everyone else reguardless of if it changed for the better or worse. So I dont think we would ever realize if someone had traveled through time and changed anything.
There are too many paradoxs that could happen. Such as the grandfather theroy. Youde get stuck in an endless loop. With all that could happen, if time travel is possible I pray we never figure it out. The scarey thing is that scientists have a lazer and the light from it travels so fast that when its speed is timed the sensors read that the light gets to the end sensor before it was sent. Now that is fast! It doesnt seem possible but we have many things now that were once considered impossible. Teleportation is another subject but scientists have teleported a beam of light. Is anything impossible with technology?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Can you put a few spaces inbetween paragraphs? It makes it a little easy on the eyes...and to follow. If I look at the Tv, I dont lik re-reading to find my spot.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
You have me so confused I dont know if im here now yesterday or tommorow ! Crikey thats confusing, probably reason enough you cant time travel. Funny how you can have memorys of the past if the past has gone forever though. Maybe you could design a virtual reality where you could interact with the past downloaded from your memory?
Or sombody elses memory

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Ill try harder next time. I had just read a lot of posts and had a lot to ramble about. I had no idea what all I was going to write

new topics

top topics

join