It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mallrats" and the 3D poster... it is NOT a schooner...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
My wife and I are watching the movie "Mallrats"... the scene where "Willem" is staring at the 3D poster in the mall...

I decided to freeze that frame, just to see if there is actually anything on that poster. There is, and it is not a schooner.

There is a series of 3D geometric shapes including a 4 sided pyramid, a cone, a star, several spheres with different cross sections removed...

Has anyone else tried this?

Poor Willem will never see that boat....

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Never actually thought about trying it.. Now I have to.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Ha ha ha ha. You dumb bastard. It's not a schooner... it's a Sailboat.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Never actually thought about trying it.. Now I have to.

I had to know, and they showed it full frame. My wife saw exactly what I did...

We re-froze that frame, just to be sure, and yes, there is a series of geometric shapes. Funny as hell...
edit on 10-2-2017 by madmac5150 because: My ducks are assholes

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I remember the scene with it full frame clear as day!.. But always assumed that it was a scooner. Lol gotta tell my wife.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Autostereogram: A three dimensional image puzzle like interstellar s end scene wait what. I though this was going to be some Illuminati themed stuff but now I feel like that poor guy staring at the picture not getting it... wait Illuminati for sure.
edit on 10-2-2017 by BeneGesseritWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I can't get over the awesomeness of you actually thinking to give it a go! S&F for that alone

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I can't get over the awesomeness of you actually thinking to give it a go! S&F for that alone

We have 4 feet of snow on the ground. We have livestock that need fed and watered EVERY day. We have preemie lambs that are bottle fed... every 4 hours. We are punch drunk, and we pause weird stuff on TV.

I love it...
edit on 10-2-2017 by madmac5150 because: My ducks are assholes

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Those things hate me. I grew up with cross eyed 3d illusions, same as stereographs. I can never get those nefarious dotted buggers to work.

(they need you to focus beyond the image, not cross your eyes.. and hell I'm one cross eyed delinquent)

Perhaps he needed a schooner to help his vision. Works for me, I see things all the time, that seem 3d.

Except cars... schooners, or any large amount of plonk and cars, I don't see 'em.. I sure as mother of god feel them though, and holy buckets, that is never a good thing.. Oo

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
ATTENTION:
Kevin Smith just announced that he will be doing a Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back sequel!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
That is awesome, but they've been saying that for years....so hope they actually do it.
I love pretty much any movie with them in it.

new topics

top topics

join