It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 movies that I recommend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I recently watched 2 movies that I highly recommend.
I'm not a film critic or anything, just a dude that enjoys a good movie.
I'm gonna try to be as spoiler free as possible

The first is: The Arrival.
12 alien ships land on earth, in various locals.
Each country that has the privilege of hosting an alien vessel sends a team of scientist to attempt to make contact.
USA has a ship that landed in Montana. The military try's communicating with no luck deciphering the aliens communication method.
A linguist is brought in to assist the mission in hopes that the aliens language can be translated.
Without giving away to much of the movie, it is discovered the aliens do not perceive things in the same linear way as we do, and there for their language is not limited by time and non linear.

It's a really good movie that is a breath of fresh air verse the usual hostile alien take over.
There is a pretty big twist at the end that in order for me to truly understand it, I had to watch it over again.

The next movie made me cry...and yes it's a teen movie.
A monster Calls.
This movie touches on a subject not often spoken in young adult movies - cancer. (With the exception of "A fault in our stars")
It's about a kid trying to cope with his mother battling cancer.
As he watches her go through treatment after treatment, all the while being bullied at school, he try's to stay strong and optimistic that his mother is pulling through and beating the disease.

He soon creates a dream world that allows him to gain insite into what he truly is feeling.
As mentioned it is a movie geared toward a younger audience, but that didn't stop me and the wife from watching it.

If you are looking for a change of pace from the usual movies, give these 2 watch.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Thank you. I definitely will watch them, specially the second one. My wife is a cancer survivor.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I LOVED The Arrival. I will ck out the other one.

I recently saw some really good ones.

Hacksaw Ridge
Green Room
Split
Patriot's Day
Passengers
It's a Disaster (though it's from 1998)
Eadweard

edit on 31-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I really liked Hacksaw Ridge also.
That guy was a real hero.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Well I'm sure you 2 will enjoy A monster calls
It was done really well

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

There is a pretty big twist at the end that in order for me to truly understand it, I had to watch it over again.

Dude, spoiler alert! Telling people in advance that there will be a twist in the end completely ruins the surprise for everyone! I HATE when people do that! It is no fun if you are prepared for it!

It is like telling people who you know have not seen the game yet, who wins it, and then go "oh, but I didn't tell you the score", when they ask why the hell you would tell them that without being asked for it.

Do not EVER do that, unless you are really, really sure people do not mind spoilers.

Anyway, having seen the film, I disagree; there are no twist in the end.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I had also to see The Arrival twice. It was a good and interesting movie. I hate to say this because my daughter would like to beat me up, but it is a chick flick. The characters have little true depth. The lead is actor being a female greatly helped carries the impact of what it is all about. But strangely, that "all about" is less about aliens coming to earth than how the human brain conceives of time. You might go away wondering just what you saw. And that ain't a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Arrival was ok. I just reviewed it in another thread . I could not watch it again. Def not a chick flick, nor a man flick, nor a kid flick.

top topics

join