It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran before the revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It makes you wonder how insane the world can get. After a radical Muslim takeover. Look at how happy and prosperous Iran was before the Revolution. Then whatever went wrong, and their version of the thought police took over. Their is only brainwashing for power, either under the guise of religion or political idealism. However its done it controls words. Then the censorship starts, then decades of misery. vwww.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I've met a lot of expatroits and they were among the warmest, most intelligent and kind, cultured and interesting people I've met.
Most of the Persians I've met left in 1979/80 when the Ayatollah was executing and imprisoning people left and right.
edit on 30-1-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I remember the Shah of Iran... Best buddy of the Prez and visitor to US.... And his son going to ivy league college here in US... The Shah died... Ayatollah Khomeini took over and turned it into a religious state... And they captured and imprisoned over 300 Americans held over a year...

President Carter sent a rescue mission of soldiers where one of our planes crashed in the desert killing some of our soldiers. We had to leave the crashed plane there and the survivors boarded the 1St C130 I believe and turned around in failure without rescuing anyone.

Huge defeated effort for Carter, America and the hostages. They we're freed from the Iranian Ayatollah some time later...

Funny how some don't even know of this... Even while big news to us as it happened. The Krazy Khomeini started the religious change.... And when he died... We all rejoiced... And it's stayed f'd up over there since....
edit on 30-1-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So they are miserable now? ..or not that stylish?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

They were voting with their feet, like most of the middle East.

top topics

join