It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brian Masterson 9/11 firefighter latest to pass away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Some sad news. Rest in peace.

A brave firefighter who worked at Ground Zero following the 9/11 terrorist attack has become the 124th officer to die after breathing in toxic air.

Brian J Masterson, 61, originally from Lissavaddy, Co Longford, Ireland, was working with the New York City Fire Department on the day of the attack.

What is even more tragic is the fact he died the day after another 9/11 firefighter. Kevin Rooney also died from illness related to the toxic fumes he worked in that day.

Whatever your view or opinion on that tragic day I'm sure we can all agree the men deserve nothing but respect.

edit on 5621642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

A brave firefighter who worked at Ground Zero following the 9/11 terrorist attack has become the 124th officer to die after breathing in toxic air.

Brian J Masterson, 61, originally from Lissavaddy, Co Longford, Ireland, was working with the New York City Fire Department on the day of the attack.

What is even more tragic is the fact he died the day after another 9/11 firfighter. Kevin Rooney also died from illness related to the toxic fumes he worked in that day.

Whatever your view or opinion on that tragic day I'm sure we can all agree the men deserve nothing but respect.

I haven't been much of a 9/11 'OSer' or 'Truther', but I am alarmed by the number of deaths (124); linking the causality of death to toxic fumes at a 100% confidence interval will be next to impossible, but surely the medical/science community has come to some consensus of what caused these brave men and women's death, yes? Do you have any links to any medical literature relating to the early deaths of the NYPD/NYFD? There has to be a credible hypothesis of what these 'toxic fumes' were and the role they may have played in the deaths of these heroes.

Hope you (or someone else) have some additional info I can dig into. Nice, but sad thread. S&F
edit on 28-1-2017 by BeefNoMeat because: addition

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

That makes for some sad reading.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

What is even more tragic is the fact he died the day after another 9/11 firfighter. Kevin Rooney also died from illness related to the toxic fumes he worked in that day.

I haven't been much of a 9/11 'OSer' or 'Truther', but I am alarmed by the number of deaths (124); linking the causality of death to toxic fumes at a 100% confidence interval will be next to impossible, but surely the medical/science community has come to some consensus of what caused these brave men and women's death, yes? Do you have any links to any medical literature relating to the early deaths of the NYPD/NYFD? There has to be a credible hypothesis of what these 'toxic fumes' were and the role they may have played in the deaths of these heroes.

Hope you (or someone else) have some additional info I can dig into. Nice, but sad thread. S&F

You could try asbestosis links, there was plenty of that about, also gypsum, and pretty any kind of extreme dust as well as all the pulverised metals. It was criminal at the time to allow people anywhere near the site so soon, I've said that since I first came here. I do believe some didn't have even a basic Martindale mask.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

That makes for some sad reading.

That's an excellent source, I should have said to the other poster that Asbestosis by itself is a long term process, and with such a mixture of stuff, God knows what results there could be with these People who are passing on now.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What did his post mortem have as his cause of death.? ie, what illness finally killed him.? Respiritory disease covers a whole bunch of stuff.
edit on 28-1-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
What did his post mortem have as his cause of death.? ie, what illness finally killed him.? Respiritory disease covers a whole bunch of stuff.

esophageal cancer. His condition was linked to the dust from ground zero. The firefighter who died the day before served with the same engine company.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

You could try asbestosis links, there was plenty of that about, also gypsum, and pretty any kind of extreme dust as well as all the pulverised metals. It was criminal at the time to allow people anywhere near the site so soon, I've said that since I first came here. I do believe some didn't have even a basic Martindale mask.

The treatment of the first responders and locals who are now dying is just as much of a scandal as the attacks themselves.

new topics

top topics

join