It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proper or the right way?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So i had a talk with an old friend about things done the correct and in a proper way, i looked confused and asked;" What is the proper way? The thing that is correct or most suitable, considered socially acceptable and right or regarded as being important and central to the object in itself? "

I wondered about the distinction that must be made between proper way and the right way so i asked;" You want to make a hen out of a feather cause you thought of a hen to start with?"

I was told giving people the right set of tools to work with is important, and all i wondered was ;" For whom? and What purpose ". People rarely like to be questioned about their own ideals in the making. I just wanted a straight answer based in the world we live in, not the world we imagine.

Problem was, i never got a straight answer, the thing i was told;" This is how its done ". Lies are accepted as long as they fill a purpose, well, then i thought;" Hey, make a fantasy of whatever you see fitting for a grand vision of an imaginary world, pink elephants, unicorns, leprechauns and a rainbow. "

And all i got was a stare.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The differents is going for poop at work and doing it at home.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Never poop for free when you could get paid for it

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It amazes my thoughts to sit back and watch communication be made to be so difficult between humans. There seems to be an odd trait to brain function, that the individual energies of a human's brain is more likely to register their preconceived thoughts to equate to 100% fact, instead of keeping the thoughts to equate to the highest probability. It even stretches so far into the realms of not credible, that humans often offer the same brain traits to their religions and Gods.

I see things simpler... or at least what I perceive to be simpler. First and foremost, the only conclusions I will allow my brain to determine to be 100% factual, is a mathematics formula. Switch the test base to words, and never will I allow a 100% conclusion... 99% is max. This now puts my conscience at ease, because I now know that it is never possible for my linguistic thoughts to feel a need to be 'correct' or 'right.' When things are difficult to conclude to a high percentage, I simplify the possible outcomes and give less relevance to more variables.

The realities to me are that this even have opened up the avenues of intellectual expansion. Example... I may hold a 98% conclusion to a particular variable, meet and converse with part of the 2%, then reflect and reanalyze my possible conclusion... the deep seeded pull to feel 'right' has been eliminated for the most part.

Communication can be best broken down into 4 groups... to make it easier to know which of the 4 groups one may be dominant in, and know the traits of the other 3 to help bridge the gaps of communication traits. All that is a whole other debate though...

(post by Queirozmano2 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join