It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The foot of the soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Open your mind! your body is your anchor its good for many experiences but the metaphysical view it that it is like an enormous mobile antenna. A place where you can download and plant your ideas, where the artists paints their masterpieces. Its an exhilarating experiential opportunity, on the other hand you can become the anchor of others ideas and become the guinea pig or a slave.
The more disconnected you are to your true self, the more you will be used by other forces to be a download point. Used, abused and left for dead, the remedy is plant your own ideas not others. This is why the ancients said "Know thyself". One way of seeing this without creating a split, is that you see your body not as separate from yourself, but more like the foot of your soul.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Its reaching the stage of equilibrium with your mind still intact, " Know thyself" could easily alter into Jungs;

Neuroses arise through a lack of individuation — the process of assimilating the conscious and unconscious to form a "psychological whole" while maintaining their precarious balance. It is a process of transformation from an unhealthy, neurotic mind into a healthy, enlightened psyche that has gained knowledge of the self.

I believe anyone can learn how to embrace the thoughts of the past, without much damage to his own individual state of mind. Its called deduction information.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
"Know thyself" is not prescription, it is a description. There is never a time when you are not knowing thyself. The time is now and you can only know now - you are now.
Now is seeing now and now is hearing now.
There is only presence and it is aware of itself.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Know thyself is a recomendation! Nice to see you around again!a reply to: Itisnowagain

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have the feeling that Jung had a few neuroses also, his system was his way of labelling fixing the problem.
In answer to your take on it, yes I believe anybody can learn to embrace the thoughts of the past.a reply to: tikbalang

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

I believe he made storytelling in to à science

new topics

top topics

join