It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzzwords, catch phrases and assumptions. Living in a Trolls Paradise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
nvm

edit on 20-1-2017 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: DISRAELI

The hell it is.

Its a word which describes a specific, toxic attitude, which informs poor behaviour on the part of persons who can accurately be described as such. Its legitimate as the day is long during summer.

In my formal education it described a governing philosophy where only the central state was capable of making decisions on behalf of the populace, and where every citizen is regarded as an employee or "tenant" of the totalitarian, party-dominated state.

If we're going to change it to an "attitude," who gets to "accurately" describe the "poor behaviour" that qualifies?

Allowing the word to be appropriated to mean an "attitude" entirely aborts the historic context of Fascism, which is what would be toxic.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: HarumphHarumph

Uh, you do realize that there's precious few on ATS who know what bazooka Joe bubble gum was?

BTW, I thought your comment about your HS teacher was interesting. Think the problem is that on ATS a lot of people write like they talk. They aren't engaged on the literary level.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: HarumphHarumph

Uh, you do realize that there's precious few on ATS who know what bazooka Joe bubble gum was?

BTW, I thought your comment about your HS teacher was interesting. Think the problem is that on ATS a lot of people write like they talk. They aren't engaged on the literary level.

How does anyone not know what Bazooka Joe bubble gum is? Unacceptable!!!

Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join