It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing Orb over Pittsburgh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hey I was wondering if anybody else heard of this? A picture of it was on the front page of the Post Gazette, however there was little to no article on it. They don't have the article on their site, otherwise I would post it on here. Also that same morning I saw a large beam of red light reaching from the sky to the horizon, I have never seen anything like it. I'm not afraid to say that these instances may of involved strange atmospheric conditions, but still, i can't help but wonder...

Here the caption on the photo i re-typed:

"Most observers agreed that it was the sun shining over Downtown Pittsburgh yesterday(Thursday) , but you couldn't prove it by looking oat the thermometer. Temperatures remained in the teens as ice floated down the Allegheny River past the Rovberto Clemente Bridge."

thanks

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Oddly enough, I was walking home across that very bridge from school taking pictures on my cell phone (Thursday) and I didn't really notice anything. Quite a coincidence, though.

I do remember the sun being particularly bright and me still freezing my tukus off, though. Here are the pics from my cell phone:

Seriously, if there was something, I will be pissed that I missed it. I doubt I need to explain why. I was actually going to take a ton more pics that day too, but people were looking at me like I was a tourist and god forbid I feel like a tourist...

As you can see from that second pic though, the sun was a lot brighter and "larger"(?) than usual, I will say that. I didn't realize we started calling the sun a "glowing orb" though.

Mareterna: Do you have a link to that picture and story as it appears on the website? I couldn't find it there.

Edit: Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if Bill Cowher [Steelers' Head Coach] ended up missing.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Lartsa Cleargleam]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
No i could not find it on the Post Gazette website. You could check a Library in the area, they usually keep old newspapers, it's Thursday's issue (Jan27)
in the Local section. I hope you can find it, it's quite a picture.

Thanks for posting your pics, that's crazy that you were right there!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I am originally from Pittsburgh, Pa, my family still lives there. They live in Brookline, the south hills section of the Pittsburgh. I asked my family if they saw anything and they said they've noticed some strange lights in the sky around Brookline, that kind of resemble an orb from what they tell me. Nice pics you've posted there every now and then I need a few good pictures of my city. I used to walk the same route you walk to go to high school. Nice to take a trip down memory lane.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Glad to be your nostalgia-whore, USAFSF. :-) What high school did you walk to? I didn't realize there were any high schools downtown.

I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open fo those orbs though. If I see anything, my cell phone is handy. Unfortunately, it likes to freeze a lot when I take pictures, so let's hope that doesn't happen at a critical moment.

Is it just me or are there a lot of cats from Pittsburgh that hang around here?

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Lartsa Cleargleam]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I went to Perry on the Northside, but to get there I'd have to walk downtown and catch the 11D PAT bus to Perrysville. If you know where the center is at in Brookline its the park and the pool, thats where my mom said she saw the lights, but knowing here they were probably just planes.

top topics

join