It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

go go go - alex thomson [ vendee globe ]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
hey - after 24000 miles of racing single handed around the world - alex thomson has closed the gap to just 40 nautical miles - he has made good gains in the last 36 hours - he was 90 nm adrift 2 days` ago

see tracker

i of course wish mr le cleach all the best - but GO alex

you can do it

only a disaster // miracle of epic magnitude can change beyous expetations of finishing 3rd

but with luck , wind and skill - thomson can overhaul le cleach

GO GO GO alex

the main site for the race is : site

edit on 18-1-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
He's currently got 40nm to catch Le Cleach, but with the amount of distance remaining if he can keep a his projected average up. Here's hoping. a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Hands-down, the Vendee Globe has got to be the absolute single toughest, nerve racking, draining, fearless, balls of steel event on planet Earth! This is no sport for dummies either; the intelligence required just to complete 1/4 of the race is staggering. To survive, and finish even, the whole race is just mind bending!

I've always viewed this race like this; if you just survive it...you're a winner!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It is without a doubt the ultimate in physical and mental endurance. Staying physically capable and mentally competent for that amount of time. Only sleeping for fifteen or twenty minuets here and there for the duration of the event is almost beyond what I can imagine. I have been through sleep deprivation to the point where reality gets fuzzy and concentration becomes extremely problematic, but even in my prime I doubt I could have survived the Vendee.
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

edit on 18-1-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

i wont make a new thread - but utterly gutted for alex

autopilot malfunction in the final 30 hours cost him the chance to win

congrats to mr le cleach - he deserved it .

source

and lastly - safe land fall to all the skippers still out there

beyou is on track for 3rd place - only a medical or mechanical disaster can rob him now

and to everyone else - just finishing such an epic challenge is a heroic acheivement

top topics

join