It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Space Age Material to Brewing a Hot Cup of Java

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Stumbled upon an old product research info video from Corning, not sure of the year, but I had no clue that the material used in those classic Corning ware coffee percolators was the result of developing a material to produce nose cones for space flight...

I own one of those gems..

Anyways, just sharing for the folks here in case you may find it interesting

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
women doing science, where they belong, in the kitchen

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Oh no you didn't... but you DID!!!

(hauls ass)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

OMGosh! We use one every day! Not the percolator guts though. Pretty sure they were aluminum in ours, so we just use it without to heat water. I would love to find one with stainless steel guts like in the video!

The license plates on the cars in the video had 1959 registration stickers on them. Dresses & earrings in the kitchen & white gloves on the street! Those really were the good old days!
Do you have a link? I would love to save the
video!

We have a teapot, three coffee pots in different sizes, large baking/casserole dish, a bunch of little casserole dishes, a pie pan & a couple of large, deep covered roasters. All in the blue cornflower pattern. I love them! They are practically indestructible, easy to clean & pretty much nonstick too.

Ebay has 128 pages of Corning Ware! I watch for it at yard sales & in thrift stores. So many different patterns! I could get carried away very easily!

Thanks for sharing this! S & F!
WOQ

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

here's a link to the YT video www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

You should been there, like some of us, but, then, you would be older than dirt now (like some of us).

new topics

top topics

join