It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of my shows

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

Love everyone you mentioned! Thank you for taking the time to comment.

I took enough art history to have mountains of good influence, but my favorites tend to be anything Expressionism (i love Kirchner) or colorful abstract (like Kandinski, Klee, Chagall, Picasso, Miro and Matisse). The limited amount of instruction I took was from a well trained impressionist, so I still have influences from vanGogh, Monet, Manet, Suerat and other textured geniuses.

I also still love cartoons and illustrative style as well, so many artists are insanely good at this now that technology has opened up a whole new world.

Right now I'm working on finishing up a small series of blacklight reactive angry superheroes to show at Comicon next month. So far I got wolverine, batman, hulk, spawn, and raven done, and putting finishing touches on catwoman now. Might do a few more since they are becoming more fun the more I do

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro
So you're on a roll, I'm happy for you. Hope you'll post some of your new works after Comicon... and speaking of cartoons, I love Samurai Jack and Invader Zim.

The last 2 animated movies that blew my mind was:

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Speaking of animation movies have you seen Wizards. It's a 1970s animation movie or Fire and Ice, another 70's animation movie.
I do love samurai jack and book of Kells but not seen the other one, is it kid friendly? Not the song one I mean.
edit on 23-2-2017 by Cloudbuster because: Added extra info

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster
Yes it's kid friendly, I guess... considering I let my grade school daughters watch Rent the musical. Thanks, I'll look for Wizards and watch it. Looks good.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The guy behind Samurai Jack is amazing, every episode is influenced by the best anime and kung fu/action movies ever made

The Song of the Sea is easily one of my favorites, but the one that really REALLY blew my mind was The Red Turtle, intensely surreal and cerebral and a masterpiece.

I will definitely be posting a thread for my blacklight superheroes soon, I got frames for them today and they look slick!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

I love Wizards! Bakshi also did Fritz the Cat with R Crumb, and that first animated Hobbit movie.
When I was a kid my favorite movie was the Point, by Harry Nilsson, who is basically an amazing songwriter who was friends with John Lennon. That movie has so many amazing original scores and great message and 'point' (pun intended)

Tonight I'm working on a blacklight Phantom with his dog Shadow, and of course a giant gun and a really slanty forest skyline at night with a moon. So far hes kinda looking like Willem defoe because I'm trying hard not to go the billy zane route, this superhero series has to be angry looking

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I think it was lord of the rings the cartoon but I could be wrong. When I was little my dad use to read us every night the hobbit and then we would listen to it on tape the marathon ever. We also had a tape of the music from the Lord of the rings cartoon. Tapes ay that's showing my age. Would love to see some photos of you work your working on now.

Have a great day

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So sorry I didn't see this sooner!
You are knocking it out brother.
Doing excellent work and lots of it apparently.
Your endless creativity amazes me, you must have a ceaselessly curious mind.
Wonderful to see your work being exhibited at so many places.
It deserves to be in upscale galleries to be honest.
You should be there soon if you aren't already.
About signing exclusivity contracts with galleries - don't do it!
Not without knowing everything about their history, ethics and volume of sales.
See how well they promote other artists in their gallery.
If you are offered one tell them you'd like to give them x -number of pieces and 6 months or so as a trial basis.
If both parties are happy then yes, it might be a good move.
I've been through it so I can tell you it's not always the best thing.
My works were being sold for higher prices yet I was getting a flat fee that didn't go up accordingly.
Best of luck and keep up the fine work!

ATA

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Can you please share some of your creations too , start your own show thread.
I would love to share some of my work but can't make small files on a phone, but getting a laptop soon. Hope to work out how to share with you all soon.
Happy days

Sorry just checked out your thread and saw you have already shared. I will now return to your thread to see your creations
edit on 11-7-2017 by Cloudbuster because: Added some extra words. So what.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing the photos!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Better late than never
Always great to hear your input, it is very appreciated.

Still no big gallery deals/shows yet. Seattle is awkward and growing like a mutant on steroids right now, Bezo literally has his steel balls parked in downtown as he takes over. So the good news I see is there are going to be tons of new art opportunities, but I have to be aggressive and invent the possibilities if I wanna succeed, not sit around and wait for them. My waiting time is always spent creating and improving what I make.

My latest addiction has been repurposing old art in a more rewarding way. I hitup thrift stores and buy affordable still lifes in oil, and really amateur sip and paint rejects of gross night scenes and Tuscan landscapes and make them abstract. I save most the composition and palette but add linework and highlights that make the original ooze with character and life. If it had a frame even better.

Still really enjoying the process and what I'm doing, the bigger the challenge always seems like a bigger reward now

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

what an idea! please, you must show us pics of your newest work

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So long as you're still working it's all good.
A guy with your talent and work ethic will get there.
I was afraid you had wandered away never to return.
Don't stay away so long, I miss seeing your latest creations!

Actually I see a lot of potential for using your designs in patterns for various things like wallpaper, t-shirts, anything that could use a cool wrapping on it. Wrapping paper - why not? It's another way to profit from your work so keep an eye out for opportunities.

edit on 26-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Here's some of my thrift store redo's:

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

I'm working on one of the most hideous ones right now, signed "Cassie '16" of a poop brown landscape with a mt Dew skyline

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Thanks for the great ideas, again. I have had many tell me I should do more merchandise, so I am really pondering new ways to get some of the more textured work in a more mass produced format, mostly since tourism and low end merch sells well.

Focusing a lot on getting repeat shows at places where I've sold well before, less hassle shows and better payoff

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Your work has such a strong textural quality and good design sense to it that it would make great shirts, using fabric with a pattern from your work. Nice dress shirts. I'd pay good money for that!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Btw: Love the repaints, they're quite the improvement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join