It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US should not sanction Russia for annexing Crimea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The opposition could have waited a couple of months for the scheduled 2014 presidential election. They knew they cannot take power in an election given Yanukovych's popularity. Their only chance was the coup. The mes that followed led to the deaths of nearly 4000 Ukrainian soldiers to date.

Ukrainian soldiers in Crimea did not fight. Ukrainian soldiers sent to Donbas didn't want to fight. They do not want to fight for a government that came to power through a coup and a corrupt one that only benefits oligarchs and not the people.

If the Ukrainian government was for the people, the Ukrainian soldiers in Crimea would have fought and Russia would have never been able to annex Crimea.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: JeremySun

I'd argue that Estonia is doing way better than Russia. Especially now that Russia's economy is in the toilet. Does that mean that Estonia has the right to annex Russia?

If the people of Russia wish to be citizens of Estonia, be my guest. Last I heard, ethnic Russians are treated like crap in Estonia.
edit on 13-1-2017 by JeremySun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
ioa reply to: Xcalibur254

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So the US has the right to annex all of Mexico?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

That's ok. We will do what the Russians did in Crimea. The ethnic russians will be forced to leave and ethnic estonians will replace them, and then it will all belong to estonia and that is just and right ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join