It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the 1st Time Lady Liberty Depicted as a Woman of Color

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I think it's a good idea. It used to be considered one of our strengths that the US was diverse. We were the first nation to pull it off like we did and it made us the place where everyone felt they could come and be free. Maybe if we celebrated that more often and actually paid respect to that we wouldn't be sliding back they way we seem to be doing.

Diversity used to be one of the ways we were unique. It was something to be proud of and other nations respected us for.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Natas0114

From the OP:

Future depictions of Lady Liberty, according to the Mint, will also feature designs to represent Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans, Indian Americans, and others "to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the United States."

Oh it makes sense it's from the
Asian American
Hispanic American
Indian American
African American
we all can't just be normal American, special license plate wielding people.
*Sigh*
Will it ever end?

When your are all done virtue signaling let me know.
I'll be in the corner slowly sipping Clorox.

Side note:
Didn't they already do this with the twenty dollar bill?
And why have I yet to see it?

Side side note:
No this doesn't make me racist. It makes me annoyed that we actually waste time and resources on crap like this as a nation. Think we got bigger things to worry about than having ethnically diverse coins...

They are gold coins dude, how much does it really matter what they put on them? It's not majorly distributed quarters, no extra time or money goes into them. The engravers have to do whatever they are told, so what difference does it make? As long as no one is left out, no one's bitching.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Lady liberty has always been color. She is green. Also There are causasian looking africans out there as well as french as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sure, why not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join