It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumi - Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
A few, wont mention any names, taught me to unlock some of the mysteries of the mind, without losing myself. In another word, ;" Be the captain of the boat and be amazed of everyone who is on board, just dont hit an Iceberg "

I got a weird sensation that most modern philosophers and scholars, seem to always have a book/s of the Mysticist Rumi in the bookshelf and his philosophy was the foundation of their thoughts.

In the same time, i believe Rumi was influenced by the ancient Greek philosophers that laid the foundation of our modern civilisation.

Im looking for a great narrator to his work, but seem to be lacking one. But id appreciate if you heard his words with a great narrator, that made you remember his philosophy.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
A few, wont mention any names, taught me to unlock some of the mysteries of the mind, without losing myself. In another word, ;" Be the captain of the boat and be amazed of everyone who is on board, just dont hit an Iceberg "

I got a weird sensation that most modern philosophers and scholars, seem to always have a book/s of the Mysticist Rumi in the bookshelf and his philosophy was the foundation of their thoughts.

In the same time, i believe Rumi was influenced by the ancient Greek philosophers that laid the foundation of our modern civilisation.

Im looking for a great narrator to his work, but seem to be lacking one. But id appreciate if you heard his words with a great narrator, that made you remember his philosophy.

Thanks in advance!

He was amazing, and one of the true masters in history.. While the Middle East folks def retranslated the ancient Greek works, the Greeks also inherited a lot from Egypt, Babylon, etc. Also, Rumi as a Sufi Muslim mystic holds a pantheistic view of the world, more akin to yoga and Hinduism than western ideas. The east had an influence in the ancient middle east and eastern Mediterranean. For example, yogis and Brahmin from India are said to have been in Alexandria. In short, you'll probably find kindred spirit in the ancient teachings of yoga. I know yoga teachers who recite Rumi at the end of yoga classes.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Anyone who sounds like Carl Sagan or Morgan Freeman?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Michet

ANy narrator on the first book?

Edit; I have problems with storytelling and text, it doesnt stick..
edit on 2017113 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join