It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMO Obama should have been impeached for conflict of interest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WTAFan

No they would not, they would be MORE expensive.

And it's not true just because the Ford F150 sells in America athe same price as a mexican one. Firstly, they don't make both in both countries, 2nd they are only mostly assembled. The parts are created elsewhere and imported.

As it costs MORE to manufacture in America than it does in China. Why do you think companies outsourced job? Because it cost the same?

No.

Just in wages for the factory it would cost several hundred more dollars per unit.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

CEO build cheap in foreign countries, sell expensive in the US. Back in the 1970s and 1980s when the US was at its peak, everything was made in America and everyone had jobs.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WTAFan

CEO build cheap in foreign countries, sell expensive in the US. Back in the 1970s and 1980s when the US was at its peak, everything was made in America and everyone had jobs.

That's because there was not large scale manufacturing in 3rd world countries yet. That only occurred after free trade agreements were signed in the 80's and 90's, making it cheaper to manufacture things in other countries.

As soon as free trade agreements were signed all major companies outsourced work to save money and increase profits. It costs pennies to open a factory in China and staff it, as opposed to one in America.

~Tenth

edit on 1/12/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
WTAFMate,

You've not dropped one source and you are ignoring people that ask for them.

I'm no obama fan, and honestly I just want the sources so I can throw it In the face of my Obama licking friends ... but I get the feeling you have none and everything you've said is your opinion.
Ready to prove me wrong?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If you're going to argue conflict of interest you're way better off going after Congress. Where do you think those millions/billions of lobbyist dollars are going?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The president is the head of state, not the Congress. It is the president's responsibility to avoid of conflict of interest, that is, benefit to himself at the expense of the state.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I said changed not improved.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

That's because there was not large scale manufacturing in 3rd world countries yet. That only occurred after free trade agreements were signed in the 80's and 90's, making it cheaper to manufacture things in other countries.

As soon as free trade agreements were signed all major companies outsourced work to save money and increase profits. It costs pennies to open a factory in China and staff it, as opposed to one in America.

~Tenth

exactly, see also Bill Clinton/NAFTA
The beginning of the end of USA manufacturing.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

And yet you can't provide any proof for conflict of interest when it comes to Obama. At least with Congress the money trail is easy to follow.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

"impeach obama" you say - better be quick only 8 days left

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: WTAFanThe economy was damaged long before Obama...

True, but Obama promised hope and change. He didn't deliver because he stuffed his pockets with bribes and got filthy rich. That's conflict of interest. When he gets rich at the expense of America. That's where the conflict is.

Where is the proof?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join