It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Dallas Kids Find Pile of Drug Money, Spend It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Several Dallas children who found a large amount of drug money went on a spending spree of sorts walking around with 100 dollar bills. However, the situation quickly turned serious when the owners of the money came back to the neighborhood and made threats to parents and children demanding thier money back. A 12 year old boy was abducted, beaten, and returned to his house. The man is currently in jail on $5 million dollars bail

story.news.yahoo.com
DALLAS - A convenience store owner in one of Dallas' poorest neighborhoods was amazed when she started seeing children from the elementary school across the street buying candy and chips with $100 bills.

"One boy came in here with a $100 bill and asked for change," Charlene Williams said of an incident on Saturday. When she told the boy he needed to be careful with his "mama's money," he told her: "This ain't my mama's money. This is my money."

It turned out that a youngster had apparently found tens of thousands of dollars in suspected drug money and was handing it out to others.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Finders keepers right? Now the man that has been arrested claims that the money was stolen from him. However, I wonder if he has ever heard of a novel concept called a "Bank". No doubt the money should have been turned over to the police, but they are just kids, and a hundred dollars buys alot of sugar right?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
WAY TO GO KIDS!!!!!
Do not let the cops get the drug money, or they will be the ones spending hundred dollar bills.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Who can blame them? In the American Dream $=Respect. Re-enforce that concept through popular culture and cynical marketing. Trap them in a hopeless cycle of poverty but keep them pliant with illusions of "in America anyone can make it".

Throw in a little Jesus from their mothers.

Throw a bag of cash at their feet.

Sweet Jesus people are going to respect them now because their American Dream just paid off.

Introduce them to street justice. Introduce them to the criminal justice system.

Blather/Rinse/Repeat

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I hope they plan to declare it on their first tax returns, just so that Dubya can have his cut.

Hang on, I forgot - the CIA already gave him his cut

top topics

join