It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive ‘anomaly’ beneath ice in Antarctica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hey All,

Hayzito here, more of a lurker than poster. I use these type sites as a radar of what's really going on. But, ATS is one of my favs. I'm from Brooklyn, NYC and like most of us on ATS a few of the first sites on our day-to-day checklist is local news sites. For the past 16yrs this site is one of my first mainstream sites to check. Never have i come across something as weird and ATS worthy as this. Also, may I add, this is from the past few day's.

Honestly, with the whole 'Disclosure' subject floating around, it is very blatant for MS news. Also, I am a witness and believer.

Note: I have searched the site and haven't found this article posted here yet.

nypost.com...

edit on 08/08/2013 by Hayzito because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Lolz, sorry but any site that has links and / or references to the Sun newspaper is nothing more than a tabloid.

The Embedded video is secure team - also known hoaxters.

Wish it were true, but you'll need more than that source to be credible

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Yeah, this came across here a few days ago. Secure team...which means its tossed in the hoax bin until there are other sources.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hayzito
Hey All,

Hayzito here, more of a lurker than poster. I use these type sites as a radar of what's really going on. But, ATS is one of my favs. I'm from Brooklyn, NYC and like most of us on ATS a few of the first sites on our day-to-day checklist is local news sites. For the past 16yrs this site is one of my first mainstream sites to check. Never have i come across something as weird and ATS worthy as this. Also, may I add, this is from the past few day's.

Honestly, with the whole 'Disclosure' subject floating around, it is very blatant for MS news. Also, I am a witness and believer.

Note: I have searched the site and haven't found this article posted here yet.

nypost.com...
That clearly says originally from the Sun which isn't a reliable source and the fact they refer to secureteam10, a known hoax site, confirms it's unreliable.

If it's an impact crater I don't see why it's mysterious. You can get simple or complex craters and with a complex crater there's a "bulge" in the center of the crater that's NOT the impactor though some impact debris is probably mixed with it.

Here's a better source showing how the complex crater forms a bulge in the middle, and it talks about the Wilkes Land anomaly without the secureteam10 BS:

corescholar.libraries.wright.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1128&context=ees

There is a circular gravity anomaly under Wilkes Land, Antarctica, similar to
ones seen under impact craters on the moon. That impact crater would be bigger than any yet verified
on Earth (almost 500 km in diameter). However, the rocks in and around it can’t be sampled because
they are under the East Antarctic Ice Sheet. Its age is estimated between 500 and 100 million years old.
The Bedout High, an underwater mountain northwest of Australia, may be the central uplift area of
another huge compound crater(roughly 200 km in diameter). It is about 250 million years old, according
to radiometric dating. But it formed in basalt, which contains impact-like features. So the identification
of shocked minerals and other impact indicators at the Bedout High may be erroneous.
An alternative explanation for the Wilkes Land gravity anomaly is that the mantle in that area was
thickened by an upwelling of magma that never broke through the crust to form a volcano. Likewise,
the Bedout High may be an unusual plate-tectonic feature. However, these explanations, like massive
impacts, describe events that people have never been able to observe them directly.

If you see "secureteam10" or any of the other known hoax sites mentioned you should probably head the other way instead of spreading their hoaxes. Please read this:

The UFO Blacklist - Why was my ADGUK, 3rdPhase, SecureTeam10, Section51, etc, video moved to HOAX?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The gravity well anomaly in the Wilkes Land area of Antarctica is a suspected impact event.

An apparent crater as big as Ohio has been found in Antarctica. Scientists think it was carved by a space rock that caused the greatest mass extinction on Earth, 250 million years ago.

Giant crater found in Antarctica

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

We were on to the same thing! .

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
Yes.

If I recall correctly you're one of our resident experts on bolides etc so I'm not surprised you know something about that. I suspect it's probably an impact crater but I thought the alternate explanation about a magma chamber was interesting too. There's just too much ice to easily find out which it is.

Kudos also to markosity and Saturn for recognizing the secureteam10 hoax reference.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hayzito

Oh no, Secure Team made the NY Post.

Not saying nothing is there.. but

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hayzito

You're all coming down on the OP for posting this as a hoax story, but the article he linked to states what scientists believe it is and then it clearly goes on to say, "But some conspiracy theorists believe..."

So, what's wrong with that? Leave him alone and let us enjoy another great conspiracy theory.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Already posted.

Please direct your comments here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join