It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There was once

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There was once a man, a man like many others. What made him different, is that he wasnt schooled like many others, the streets and church was his sanctuary, his mentor and his teacher.

He learned himself the art of philosophy, without anyone else dictating to his words, he lived out his philosophy instead of the modern aesthetic subjective ways, where words in themselves means very little, or i could quote Aristotle ethics in a simple way;" Dont think righteous, live it "
Maybe that simple man had a gift with understanding the words of the great philosophers of ancient past, and made them simpler to fit his realm of reality, to be truthful ;" I dont know "

I once heard a quote from this man discussing one of his students; "

A boy comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame. I feed the flame and it becomes a fire. I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze.
You must understand fear so you can manipulate it. Fear is like fire. You can make it work for you: it can warm you in the winter, cook your food when you’re hungry, give you light when you are in the dark, and produce energy. Let it go out of control and it can hurt you, even kill you… Fear is a friend of exceptional people. "

The people of this day and era probably sees his words as immoral, but truth to the fact, i believe he understood humanity without faith or hope. To him i believe it was simple;" Use it to your advantage, or it will destroy you, cause the fire will never stop burning. "
--

This man lived the way he thought, he helped kids who went astray, took them in, feed them, nurtured them, taught them character and gave them routines and self esteem. He taught them the right tools on how to survive in a world that was different and scary to these kids, and no he wasnt Charles Xavier. He taught them to fight and be true to themselves, to fight for those who have nothing.

He became the father figure these kids lacked, he created a confined space and raised them properly before letting the world knew they even existed.
He didnt want society to corrupt the spark they had, cause for him they were alive.
But in 1985, November fourth, he sadly passed away, leaving a home with kids without a father figure.

A year later, one of his kids became the youngest Boxing Heavyweight Champion of the world, his name is familiar to most, "Iron" Mike Tyson.

We dont need more idealists in this world thinking, we need realists who understands and acts. – Cus D’Amato was one of them.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
A year later, one of his kids became the youngest Boxing Heavyweight Champion of the world, his name is familiar to most, "Iron" Mike Tyson.

We dont need more idealists in this world thinking, we need realists who understands and acts. – Cus D’Amato was one of them.

Well, you surely bit my ear off!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Research in ASD field, just wanted to post a prime example in an unethical work field among the idealists..

This pic shows my feelings

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Research in ASD field, just wanted to post a prime example in an unethical work field among the idealists..

This pic shows my feelings

Autistic kids don't know ethics, but they do..often know how to manipulate. Fragile X kids, can both manipulate and plan.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Confined environment, with rules, routines and and philosophical concept of Consequentialism.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Confined environment, with rules, routines and and philosophical concept of Consequentialism.

Pretty much for both, except fragile X can have no bounds of the consequences according to their intellectual ability which can be quite high. In other words, they can be their own worst enemy.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

In other words, they can be their own worst enemy.

I agree

new topics

top topics

join