It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auditory Pareidolia is used as an Excuse to silence the very real phenomena of EVPs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
When I do my recording I utilize a technique known as Passive EVP Recording.

EVP stands for electronic voice phenomena, and refers to the act of capturing voices on a voice recorder that aren’t heard with the human ear at the time (if the voice is heard aloud, whether or not its captured on a recorder, we call it a disembodied voice). There are many, many theories as to how and why this is possible. There are an equal number of theories as to what the best type of recorder to use is—digital or analog, followed by what make and model.
______beforeitsnews/paranormal/2012/12/evp-tips-and-tricks-2445656.html

I use digital. Since its much easier to transfer the file over to my computer and or email it to myself then download it there and look over it via waveform.

In passive sessions, the recorder is simply left to run, usually in an empty, yet controlled, room. You don’t actually ASK any questions, but rather, leave the recorder to simply run and see what it picks up. This type is usually reserved for people wanting to find out what goes on in a room when no one is there, making any sounds heard (given they are paranormal and not of a natural explanation) residual in nature. This is also an ideal strategy for those who believe that actively asking an entity questions gives them the go-ahead to make contact with YOU, even at times and locations outside of the EVP session.
______beforeitsnews/paranormal/2012/12/evp-tips-and-tricks-2445656.html

Why do i think auditory pareidolia is just one tool in the skeptics arsenal to put doubt in you? The answer is really simple actually. Using myself as a control subject and my house as the controlled environment in one session i have gotten well over 200 clips. Sound bits not EVPs. When I have listened to them all at various lengths using ranging from 3 seconds to 2minutes. The reasons why I use my House for passive evp experiments even though most people will say don't use your house as testing ground is because i know every sound and little insignificant ding that makes a noise in my house. And it makes it that much easier to debunk were as if i go do a recording session at at some random haunted location i dont know every insignificant noise that could be mistaken for a voice. Now in the latest session I went to work and left my voice recorder on downstairs in my living room only because I knew everyone will be gone for the day and it can pick up clips that won't be mistaken for someone walking/talking in my house except for my dog that is. Out of 200 clips I got a total 18 potential EVPs. After reviewing my Clips on Wavepad I furthur cut down my EVPs from 18 to 7 EVPs. So out of 200 EVPS I got a total of 7. Ya thats why I think audio Pareidolia is BS. If Audio Pareidolia was real if some one sat there and listened to 200 sound bits for 2hours then the number of potential evps would have been much higher. But after reviewing the clips on wavepad and having a Photographic Memory of every sound and insignificant ding that happens in my house all the way down to my Dogs Moans,Cries,Walking, Sniffles, and Whines having a tool like Wavepad greatly improves my chances of debunking clips as known sounds because before you enhance the clip the sound if often very low and can be easily mistaken.

The reasons why I think my House is haunted is because before my parents bought the house my grandparents lived in it and my Grandmother was sick with Cancer and was bedridden for a long time so i think some of that energy could be left over 24 years later. She didn't die in the House but she was sick. I also never met her so Grand kids could also be a reason to. And living in the same house they lived in before they moved is a added bonus to i guess.

And Now I will share the clips that I have captured:

soundcloud.com...
soundcloud.com...
soundcloud.com...
soundcloud.com...
soundcloud.com...
soundcloud.com...#
soundcloud.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

How did they come to the conclusion that the device used to record EVPs is actually recording ghosts?
For instance we know how to build rockets because of research and when you ignite fuel it explodes, so how did anyone ever conclude, truthfully, that devices can record ghosts when we don't even know ghosts are real? We know fuel is real, and we know flames are real, so we combined them together and watched the result.

I've always wondered how these devices have been regarded as serious research tools when there's no proper way to test ghostly voices.

I'm not a skeptic I'm just wondering.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
I've always wondered how these devices have been regarded as serious research tools when there's no proper way to test ghostly voices.

Who thinks they are "serious research tools"? Apart from those pushing the hoax, that is....

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

There are an equal number of theories as to what the best type of recorder to use is—digital or analog, followed by what make and model.

this one sentence destroys the entire EVP claim

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Two nights ago at a family gettogather, my daughter played on her iphone an app that she had set up to record as she slept. She insists that some noises on the recording are a human whispering a few words. Of seven of us listening, a couple didn't hear a thing unusual, and a couple thought that maybe it was a real voice. It was decided by all but the daughter that the recording was not really convincing of anything.

My estimation of the whole business is that the app which she had purchased should not be trusted in any way. Being an active program intended for the discovery of noises and voices of ghosts, etc., the programmer could well have included aspects to insert sounds at random intervals to appear as if outside forces were at play. Including such sounds would be a great way to make the app popular as "Really working!" and, thus, increase sales.

My totally unschooled advice is to stay away from any app supposedly intended to capture EVPs and used only a standard recording device/program. Better yet would be a simple tape recorder not having any connection to another electrical device.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Do people ever use real recording gear for EVPs? I mean actual pro gear, high dollar mics and recorders? The kind that don't make tapes that sound like its raining snakes? All I ever see is stuff done on crappy little digital pocket recorders that sound like crap. I should think that would make a huge difference in the outcome.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Good example of this phenomena is how rap lyrics can get lost in the low bass frequencies of speaker output.
All kinds of Pareidolia potential there.
I was researching some old Tupac recordings to see if there might be clues to his murder but my equipment wasn't sensitive enough (insufficient LFE modulation).
Hoping my new build will do better.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Pariedolia is real. Ghosts are not. Call me when you record herman melville reciting a new chapter from moby dick. Things that sound like whispers are prob from poor recording equipment.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

There are an equal number of theories as to what the best type of recorder to use is—digital or analog, followed by what make and model.

this one sentence destroys the entire EVP claim

How so? Thats like saying what kind of bullet is best used to kill a person when they can all be used to kill a person. Then the follow up question is what type of Gun Model is best to fire a bullet. Anything that can capture sound can be used to capture EVPs.

top topics

join