It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolyard bullying a felony in Missouri

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Luckily, Missouri has very light regulation of home schooling. All you have to do is keep a lesson plan book showing you teach the required number of hours, and some samples of the child's work.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigershark1988
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
I do see this as a way to try and pacify future generations while also normalizing over the top tyrannical authoritarianism. This needs to go for so many reasons.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

For the sake of Missouri kids, I'm glad to hear that.

I'd certainly be tempted to home school after this bit of totalitarian BS.

I'm sure they'd trot out some positive sounding reasoning for doing this, but I just don't see anything positive here. All I see is a life, or lives, ruined by this.

...and I was one of those victims of bullying, and still have the tendencies to react badly when I see it.

This is just wrong-headed.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I was bullied as a kid too. And as the former victim of more than one bully, I say that this is most definitely NOT the way to stop bullying. All this kind of crap does is create bigger bullies. I'm 47 years old, and the only thing I've ever seen that "fixed" bullying is for the bullied to stand up to the bully. Not that it always works, far from it. But in my experience, it does work sometimes, whereas the other "solutions" don't. Ever. What's your take on the issue?

And as for homeschooling...yes, thank God we can do that here without jumping through hoops. School was already well down this path when my kids were attending and I can't imagine sending a kid to public school now. I have a not quite 3-yr-old grandson and I look forward to homeschooling his little butt in a few years.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Standing up, and making friends. Worked for me, but unfortunately it doesn't always.

This law isn't going to work. Short sighted idiocy like seldom does. Its authors want to be seen "doing Something". Nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join