It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernatural fine art, real or fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hey guys in my travels at researching paranormal, alien, and extra dimensional stuff on the interwebz, I ran across a pretty interesting website. It's a photographer who claims he's taking pictures of all sorts of entities and other bizarre crap.

Some of the stuff is truly cool looking and has some great colors. A few of the images really freaked me out, while others had me staring for an hour scratching my head. For the record, I believe aliens, ghosts, angels ,and do demons exist. But looking at these photos has me in a weird place. One part of me see, "hell yeah this is the real deal!" But another part of me doesn't want to believe it because there's some scary sheet in there.

Also I'm no photography expert so I'm wondering, is this stuff all just photoshopped? Meaning did this dude just draw all this stuff up and call them photos? Or is this just an extreme case of paradoelia?

Anyhow, just trying to rationalize this, so any opinions would help. I mean, even if these pictures turn out to be ingenue, a few of them are pretty cool and worth checking out.

Christopher Onorato photography

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Geki09

The images are heavily post-processed, to the point that the original content is not recognizable. This is where indeed pareidolia kicks in.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If it is on the internet, it is fake. 100%.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

The images are heavily post-processed, to the point that the original content is not recognizable. This is where indeed pareidolia kicks in.

Yeah, I saw in his biography that he said he uses filters. I've seen youtube videos where some people use filters on like moon photos to highlight potential structures. I'm just curious if this guy is drawing or painting into these pictures.

There's definitely alot of pareidolia going on there, but you gotta admit, some stuff is too symmetrical.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It's art...no way to tell what was originally in the photo or even what half of them are...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I flipped through the gallery. I didn't see anything remotely paranormal, what am I supposed to be looking for? Faces? Demons? Aliens? It looks like a bunch of pretty pictures and processing to me.

Wait.. is this a rorschach type test?

I'd say anything one sees in most of these images is pareidolia. How many of us have sat under the clouds, pointed, and said "hey, this one looks like a flower!"

Nice looking art, though.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Someone has found photosop and played with it.. sadly some of the images are heavily pixelated.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: servovenford
I flipped through the gallery. I didn't see anything remotely paranormal, what am I supposed to be looking for? Faces? Demons? Aliens? It looks like a bunch of pretty pictures and processing to me.

Wait.. is this a rorschach type test?

I'd say anything one sees in most of these images is pareidolia. How many of us have sat under the clouds, pointed, and said "hey, this one looks like a flower!"

Nice looking art, though.

I don't know. I don't see faces in everything, but in the second gallery, espirit manifest, I see more faces. They definitely don't look human. But I hear ya man, I see all kinds of weird in clouds, lol.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
It's art...no way to tell what was originally in the photo or even what half of them are...

I wonder if he didn't draw these pictures, if the post process can be reversed to really look into these photos, like Mobeus mentioned. I'm not really familiar with the full capabilities of photoshop (not my field). I barely know the basics using Microsoft Paint. Is there anyway to tell if these are drawings opposed to a photo that's heavily filtered?

I'm gonna be really disappointed if I find out these are just drawings/paintings...
edit on 23-12-2016 by Geki09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

this is a classic case of "edit the hell out of it till you see what you want"

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Find his work interesting. The photos that were enhanced. Those just look like the clouds and faces that are always in them, you can make the entire face because you see the eyes, in cliffs too. So he takes pictures of nature, clouds, and then enhances the image and plays with the color.

Is this supernatural? Well, there are so many alternative theories about what kind of universe we are in. Some beliefs would be that all realities are akin to separate cells in something akin to skin cells, with membranes separating reality and this could be something that interfaces with us.

Another idea would be that we're in a test tube virtual reality and they're looking in.

Or you could always run with the scientific one on faces in clouds:

farmersalmanac.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Geki09
I don't know. I don't see faces in everything, but in the second gallery, espirit manifest, I see more faces. They definitely don't look human. But I hear ya man, I see all kinds of weird in clouds, lol.

Pareidolia is your friend....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Geki09

Pareidolia is your friend....

en.wikipedia.org...

I think pareidolia can explain some stuff. But I think it is bad if pareidolia is used as a convenient goto just to explain away or trivialize more complicated or uncomfortable truths.

Haha if I knew how to upload images to this website I'd try to point out some of the things I see to make a point. But it seems like a lot of work. 😋
edit on 24-12-2016 by Geki09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Find his work interesting. The photos that were enhanced. Those just look like the clouds and faces that are always in them, you can make the entire face because you see the eyes, in cliffs too. So he takes pictures of nature, clouds, and then enhances the image and plays with the color.

Is this supernatural? Well, there are so many alternative theories about what kind of universe we are in. Some beliefs would be that all realities are akin to separate cells in something akin to skin cells, with membranes separating reality and this could be something that interfaces with us.

Another idea would be that we're in a test tube virtual reality and they're looking in.

Or you could always run with the scientific one on faces in clouds:

farmersalmanac.com...

Yeah, I believe we live in a layered reality. That some stuff may not be seen in the visible light spectrum. That test tube analogy is on point too.

I was just talking with a friend who does some graphic design, and she said it may be possible if you play with some filters like exposure, shadows, and contrast that you potentially can bring out some of the non-visible light picked up by the camera's sensors. That makes sense to me. Especially if these entities are like phantoms that hide in invisible layers of light.

top topics

join