It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lufthansa A380 taking off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
My office recently moved to a new location. Literally 2 blocks away from the west end of MIA's main runway.

And today I left around 5:30 and got to see Lufthansa's A380 take off.

That plane is huge.

Maybe next time I'll try to take video from the middle of the runway in order to catch it lifting off from the runway.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Ive now flown twice on that bird, once on Emirates and another on China Southern. 14 Hour flights each, and that plane is so smooth its incredible. You don't even know your turning most of the time, and I sat both in very back and right in the middle. Theres a bit of flutter in the rear on takeoff, other than that, perfection.

Great plane.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Awesome vids!! Thanks for sharing. It's amazing the things we can accomplish. I've been lucky enough to receive these engine blades from both the EA and Rolls for repair, and they are massive. They are basically a pw4000 variant. For comparison the pw2000 aka the f117, 1st stage blade out of a 757 is up to my waist from the ground. The blades from the airbus come up to almost my neck line!! And you would surprised how heavy they are even being made from titanium.

After working on basically every engine from commercial and military planes all day, it's nice to see videos of them especially from another member and up close. Once again thanks for sharing. S+F

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

I'm happy you enjoyed that.

I found a nice spot to check out planes taking off.

goo.gl...

I think I'll be here watching planes take off more often. Maybe I'll catch Air Force One next time it comes to town.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thanks for that link. I haven't been on google earth in a while. I'm on my phone and all I did was move my phone and I could look around. That's is a nice spot you found.

If you get pictures of Air Force One please share that would be awesome. I've seen it in the sky flying but never up close and on the tarmac, it lands about 20 miles away from me.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'll try.

During the election AF1 came to town a few times.

But we weren't moved in yet to our new office.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I have pictures somewhere of my family coming down the stairs of either 26000 or 27000 during a visit to Hawaii. Also of us under the presidential seal.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Don't look suspicious.. lol. Great shot.. from it's initial roll you would never think it would pick up enough speed. I'm spoiled flying on the small regional jets more often. Those little md-80s feel like you're taking off in a toyota supra.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Oh I hear you. I have done my fair share of "pulling the teeth out" on T900's for fan blade dovetail lubes. Getting out isn't to bad, but after a couple of dozen going back in your arms get tired. Still better than doing CF-6's though, hate those mid span shrouds, makes the last half dozen or so blades a real pain in the a*se if you dont space them exactly right.

LEE.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I flew to LA on one, the Entertainment system didn't work so they gave me a $200 duty free voucher! I wasn't bothered as I had necked a few sleeping pills, I woke up an hour out of LA with a couple of people waiting for the bathroom queued next to my seat and I had a full on morning boner!

Lovely aircraft!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Yeah, those are nice planes. I've flown on them a few times when I do my annual CA to Frankfurt/Munich leg. Nice thing is I've recently mastered the points game so I'll finally be able to enjoy it in business class.

As an aside, I wish the airplane industry would hurry the hell up with making faster planes. As a kid on Long Island I'd regularly see the Concorde jets flying in and out of LaGuardia. Just a few hours from NY to London/Paris.

We've only gotten slower since then! Can't make it to the moon anymore, can't come close to matching the Concorde anymore. And on top of it flying economy is as bad as its ever been. And the toilet paper in economy will still make your ass bleed. Pathetic I say.
edit on 21-12-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

They are working on quiet boom aircraft.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we get some fast commercial aircraft.

top topics

join