It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Bill SB18 - Follow the Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I originally didn’t look further into this bill, but I’m glad that someone did and took the time to break it down. When looking for the reasoning behind certain pieces of legislation, it helps to trace the money behind the motivating force.

Often times, you'll run into a group of filthy rich philanthropists that choose to implement and support legislature that mirrors their own ideals instead of supporting what would generally be considered a win-win proposal.

My previous thread on the topic.

A bill introduced by the notorious Richard Pan, the mover and shaker behind the mandatory vaccination law in CA—this new one, SB18, is a grab-bag of generalities basically giving over care of children to the State.

Thankfully, there are those that are willing to pick up the slack and investigate. I can’t say that I’m surprised by their findings, but I am somewhat disappointing in myself for not initially following through.

As a reminder, bill SB18 states:

The Legislature finds and declares that all children and youth, regardless of gender, class, race, ethnicity, national origin, culture, religion, immigration status, sexual orientation, or ability, have inherent rights that entitle them to protection, special care, and assistance, including, but not limited to, the following:

The right to parents, guardians, or caregivers who act in their best interest.

The right to form healthy attachments with adults responsible for their care and well-being.

The right to live in a safe and healthy environment.

The right to social and emotional well-being.

The right to opportunities to attain optimal cognitive, physical, and social development.

The right to appropriate, quality education and life skills leading to self-sufficiency in adulthood.

The right to appropriate, quality health care.

Another interesting point made is that immigrants anywhere in the world that make their way to California, either with children or that give birth after arriving, will find that simply being there will ensure that their children are properly adopted by the state and taken care of.

With that said, let’s get to the money…

In the proposed bill, there is a group that is referred to as the Peninsula Partnership Leadership Council, hidden under the guise of “Assembly Concurrent Resolution No. 80.”

Assembly Concurrent Resolution No. 80 (Res. Ch. 101, Stats. 2009) declares the Legislature’s support of a Bill of Rights for the Children and Youth of California that resolves to invest in all children and youth in order to achieve specified goals to create an optimal environment for their healthy development.

Link

The funny thing is, this council had already written a “children’s bill of rights” that is being used as the foundation for SB18. The original iteration or “rough draft” of these rights can be found below.

PDF: Download

If you don’t follow, this is merely a bunch of rich people who think that they’re smart enough to dictate the needs of those they feel are going to directly benefit from their philanthropic ideals.

Generally, the same ideals normally get funneled through political conduits, but sometimes the most nefarious legislature sneaks in from the sidelines, using state powers to lay the foundation.

I suggest you pay attention to this next part…

The Peninsula Partnership is a group organized within the San Mateo County Office of Education. One piddling little California county education department.

The Peninsula Partnership Leadership Council (PPLC) is composed of the San Mateo County Superintendent of Schools, the County Board of Supervisors and the Silicon Valley Community Foundation.

THE SILICON VALLEY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION

It’s a non-profit that has assets of $7.3 BILLION. It runs 1800 philanthropic funds. Here are some of its corporate partners:

Alexza Pharmaceuticals. Microsoft. Pepsico Foundation. Cisco. Hewlett Packard. Dell. Symantec. Unilever. Plus something called the SV2 Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund, “building and scaling social inventions.”

Why in the hell would these specific companies be pushing for a children’s bill of rights? Do they have something to gain from the institutionalized setting that can potentially be imposed on California’s parents and caretakers?

While completely ignoring our freedoms and the right to choose what we think is best for our children, this new bill proposes that someone always knows better. This is the technocracy at work, diligently finding ways to raise your children from cradle to grave.

Do you still not understand?

edit on 16-12-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

"All your bases are belong to us"

Aldous Huxley, George Orwell, these guys saw it coming. We have no choice, only the illusion of choice. Alarming.. it's also disturbing how quickly our freedoms are being eroded.

And how many God-given freedoms are stolen from us and then "sold back" as privileges in the forms of licensing, permitting, annual fees, and whatever other obstacles we have to jump through. I know there is a good reason for some of it, not just anyone should be licensed to drive a car.. but it's completely out of hand.

I am afraid there is no reversing this.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
How many mass murderers, in recent times, have raised by the state?

And how many have been raised by their "God-given, loving, and rightful parents?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ah, another reason to not want to be part of California, that they/ people suggest of WA and OR to leave too, on their plans for exit. Fits right in with governor Brown.

I am Governor Jerry Brown My aura smiles and never frowns Soon I will be president
Carter power will soon go 'way I will be Führer one day I will command all of you Your kids will meditate in school Your kids will meditate in school
Now it is nineteen eighty-four Knock-knock at your front door It's the suede denim secret police They have come for your uncool niece

DK- California Über Alles

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Societies evolve and I see a need for legal protection for youth but probably not in this manner. There should be another way to achieve the goals without a bill like this. Kudos to DK above as he's really funny with this one. Flag for you eisegesis for a good thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

I am Governor Jerry Brown My aura smiles and never frowns Soon I will be president
Carter power will soon go 'way I will be Führer one day I will command all of you Your kids will meditate in school Your kids will meditate in school
Now it is nineteen eighty-four Knock-knock at your front door It's the suede denim secret police They have come for your uncool niece

DK- California Über Alles

California! Uber alles.... uber alles California!!.... old punks never die!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
Societies evolve and I see a need for legal protection for youth but probably not in this manner. There should be another way to achieve the goals without a bill like this. Kudos to DK above as he's really funny with this one. Flag for you eisegesis for a good thread.

Bless your heart....... DK's are The Dead kennedy's..... "He" is named Jello...used to put on a hell of a show back in the day...... Listen to"Too drunk to F*ck" sure to make ya smile

new topics

top topics

join