It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandada Effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Title: Nachtschichten/ Nightshifts
Material: drawing, gradation curve manipulation, digitalprint and oils on canvas

The title is a reference to the layers of accidents combined in this one. Schichten means layers in German, too. Which boils down to 'layers of the night' or something like that.
It's already sold for a price you may try to guess now, who on Ceres cares anyway.

This one is for you, fellow ATSliens. No copyrights attached - print that # and sell it if you like, a little donation for ATS would be nice though. And if you need an original for yourself now, just gimme a heads up and we'll see what we can do without completely ruining my (and your) anonymity while closing that deal.

Have a great time and thanks for your feedback in advance.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

That's quite a lovely piece. I love the interaction of the rigid/solid with the freeform/active portions. The colors are great in a muted and focused way. Your play between light and dark on the canvas moves the eye across the work.

Interestingly, if you put it on its side, it appears to have motion, like a rocket or a superhero punch. Get a nice frame and sell this. Don't give away your craft.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

Superhero punch sideways, I like that!

Thank you very much for the lovely feedback and no worries, it's already sold.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I cant believe someone would buy that...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm no art guy, and at first I found this bizarre, then intriquing, then incredible.

I would buy this myself. Incredible job.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

At first glance I saw a large ship at sea being attacked by a red Kraken, if turned landscape. Nice work! Looks like something I would see in a gallery for sure!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

That's precisely what I think while looking at a hyperrealistic painting.

But you're on to something here, I started doing this without the intention to sell anything and now people show up to support the reinvention of dada.

Thanks for the frank reply though, it really is a fricken mess. A brilliant mess, actually, but that's for you folks to decide and I'm happy about any feedback whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

at first I found this bizarre, then intriquing, then incredible.

...which is precisely what I thought while struggling with this combination of accidents. And then I fell in love with the way the colour drips and runs over the canvas while building up connections and relations with underlying layers in intriguing ways.

There's no such thing as chance or coincidence on the canvas, it's fricken incredible! After ages of realisitic scribbles and preordained compositions I'm painting like a kid again and try to keep things afloat without putting too much ego in the work.
And a random no-art-guy is intuitively picking up similar vibes, now that's mindblowing for me. Coincidence or not, I'm happy either way.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I like this great work impressive!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm not generally a fan on non-representational art like this, but I love the layers, textures, colors, the imbalance, and the overall uneasiness that it invokes.

Nice job!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Very nice.
You have a generous soul, to share this.
Thank-you.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

ATSliens!

You're way too nice, folks. The low quality sucks but a better cam is on it's way eventually.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I absolutely LOVE it! And the title is perfect. It's just perfect. Awesome. And I am ever so glad that you actually posted it! Layers indeed. This is such a delicate balance...actually more like a balanced tug of war...between hard edge and soft blur. Like the dark and light aspects of a soul trying to figure each other out, without giving anything up in the process. It's fantastic, truly.

top topics

join