It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigger picture to the Comet shooter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think this guy represents a larger cultural shift we've had where a lot more people are awake than the last election cycle. I feel like this guy is probably suffering from some sort of hero complex and probably had lost a lot over the last few years or been struggling like a lot of people and just decided enough was enough.

I'm not condoning his action at all trust me it was pretty crazy but when you live in a world where everybody is lying everything is propaganda the neighbhorhoods are less safe the economy is tanked still...

People can get caught up in that thought process and let it lead them down the wrong path.

So what I think is maybe we're going to be seeing more of this unless things start improve because people will lose their minds.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

I think people are ignorant and literally believe everything they read on the web if it agrees with their own views. You're right, he definitely has a hero complex and he loves his guns. Whether he's on troubled times or not remains to be seen but guns aren't cheap and neither are road trips to shoot up a pizzaria.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
People are becoming more self-centered and unaware of other people's feelings or other people in general. People are living in their own little realities, oblivious to anyone else around them.

Today we can choose what we hear/see on TV and the radio. The internet we use adapts itself around what we want to see, further insulating us.

Just go to a store and look around. People cut in line without understanding they're being rude. People are acting more and more oblivious as they double down on themselves.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Eh, yes and no. You're right that thanks to the internet we can choose what we want to programs ourselves with instead of TV doing it and there has never been a better time in history to live in your own little bubble. God bless drive thru! The age of the internet and smart phones have definitely led to us being more self centered but I don't encounter rude people on my daily travels. Rude people exist and they always have before we had the internet.

There is hope.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Didn't shoot it up. Maybe shot a lock off a door.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

People are more rude, but they aren't even realizing they're being rude. They don't have empathy, nor the ability to put themselves into someone else's shoes anymore. That comes with higher brain functioning, something that is now discouraged.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot

Thank god he didn't resort to that. I wouldn't profile him as a typical mass shooter we've seen of late but he was still a very dangerous person and things could have gone south fast. Going to the pizzeria with a load of guns, I assume he brought some kind of assault rifle, is not a good idea ever. You know, if he really believed there was something foul going on in there then why not stake the place out? Works out well for both authorities and criminals alike, it's called intelligence gathering.

You know what stopped him from doing that? He believed everything he read on the web, made up his mind and decided to go down fully armed. How stupid is that? And that stupidity combined with loaded guns is a recipe for disaster.

And he's a perfect example of why internet fiction such as Pizza Gate can be sooooooo dangerous. Hell, even Slender Man inspired teenage girls to commit a brutal murder.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Clever.

Now your bringing guns into the mix.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Oh I completely disagree with that. Empathy isn't lost on the population. I don't know where you live but maybe you should consider relocating?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Wait, so he didn't have any weapons?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Wait, so he didn't have any weapons?

What are you arguing if you have no idea?

Assault rifle?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
People are becoming more self-centered and unaware of other people's feelings or other people in general. People are living in their own little realities, oblivious to anyone else around them.

Today we can choose what we hear/see on TV and the radio. The internet we use adapts itself around what we want to see, further insulating us.

Just go to a store and look around. People cut in line without understanding they're being rude. People are acting more and more oblivious as they double down on themselves.

Is this preaching what you practice ?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

No, the shooter brought guns into the mix.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Are you trying to paint the picture this man was never armed and I'm just bringing guns into it because I hate guns?

Because it kinda sounds like you are.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
the actor guy in dc? lol

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
All I know is Donald Trump won't release his tax returns.

What is he hiding???

new topics

top topics

join