It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A curious conversation with a surveillance company

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

Not only will they let us put camera's and recording devices in their homes, they will PAY us to do it!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
My grandmother is 92. She's too wealthy to go to a retirement home because they'd charge her a ridiculous amount based on her wealth. She's still able to get around on her own well enough. But at 92, we had to start getting her some help around the house. She's got nagging injuries and obvious health degradation that comes with age.

We decided to set her up for at home care. She's got a newer home with everything she'll need to get by for the rest of her time. Since we're bringing people in to help her out I wanted to make sure that she was protected and we could all keep an eye on her 24/7. I did some research and Vivint was by far the best home monitoring company according to customer reviews and consumer reports.

So we pulled the trigger. She's got a camera inside, a doorbell camera, an outside camera, a medical alert bracelet, designated key fobs assigned to specific users who we approve access with. Myself or Vivint representatives can talk directly to her through the cameras in the event of a medical event....or I can just say hello. Also, the doorbell camera let's me know when motion is detected by the front door and I can quickly connect to see what's going on.

This system is a great system for us to help make sure she is safe and secured in her home. When doing the research I asked how secure their network was. They were honest and said that like any network system like this, there's a risk of someone hacking into it. But that they do use state of the art technology to prevent it. Fair enough...risk is in everything.

In this instance, the risk is worth it. Who's going to hack into my grandmothers feed? All she does is watch tv all day. She's given away everything of value. All of her money is in the bank. Big brother would be wasting his time keeping tabs on my dear ole granny.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Do these systems make any noise, possibly while tracking through the sky?
I've been having a problem with whatever is making noise in the sky, with nothing visible, since August.
Or anything else? I've looked everywhere and asked around and can find nothing.
I live in a very remote region, so it is extra-strange. Nothing like a tower around - nothing.
The neighbor (at some distance) is high-tech and it may be something coming from him, about a quarter-mile away.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I in selection process one of the candidates for the purchase.39$ tm-motoviliha.ru... , bad only day mode, ordered motion s.aliexpress.com...
sensor. I am seeking a camcorder without wifi gsm. I do not have time to look at the monitor or all recording just want to signal lights if someone wanders outside my door, and then later to see in monitor. but if you want gangsters to know when you leave and come let's take wifi cam or write on the door I do not have a house with 7 to 21
edit on 10/12/16 by mangust69 because: price

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
for budget paranoids like me i want something like
this one two three. and instead of the lamp sensor can turn on the monitor, it is necessary to solder the On button. and talk yeah dude, you have me on all channels

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I find these voluntary tracking campaigns interesting. Whether or not they are intentionally used for nefarious means, they certainly could be by a shady three-letter org or anyone else with good hacking skills.

It is the same as these home DNA kits. Everyone is happily providing their DNA to an easily searched database. All I can say is ""No Thanks". This is conspiracy fodder for sure.
edit on 10-12-2016 by Halfswede because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
IT security is largely a fraud orchestrated by the west to sell more "services" in terms of "Security packages". It has nothing to do with Chinese espionage and other nonsense that they have been claiming since about 10 years.

This is more like the Y2K bubble. Y2K was a scare designed to trigger a response that would affect the market in some way. The same thing has been going on during the past 10 years. Chinese espionage is a scare ... a provocation, designed to create a market bubble, with more services. These services are the so called "IT security software" and similar stuff.

<< 1   >>

join