It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican immigration and why

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Just a question here really.

Why do people from Mexico want to be in the US? I have been to plenty of areas in Mexico that are beautiful and cheap to live. A far cry from the gang infested slums many claim are all that exist there. I really don't understand why they would even want to be in the US. There are places in Mexico that make any beautiful place in the US look like chump change.

Is there some underlying message they are told that the US is the only place for opportunity or the only place they'll be safe from violence or something? I mean, just like any big city in Mexico, big cities in the US have gang violence and drugs and whatnot.

So why do they even want to come to the US? Why not another beautiful place in Mexico or another beautiful south American country? When my kids are grown and out of the house I plan on moving to either Dominican Republic or Costa Rica....and living on peanuts compared to what it takes here.

I can only think their driving force to do so is similar to our MSM preaching crazy crap all over the place and people believing it daily. I just don't really get it I guess. I mean if Atlanta were some horrible place I would move away from Atlanta but not try to illegally migrate to another country...that just seems extreme to me. Many in Mexico even give up their homes and land to do so....it just doesn't make sense.

Can anyone explain what the driving forces and factors are to having this odd belief that moving to the US illegally will make some huge difference? Are there any folks on here that can or will speak from experience? I just really want to understand the reasoning behind it I guess because logic tells me it would be easier to move somewhere you don't have to take risks and worry about being caught and whatever else comes with it.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Basically, there are tons of uneducated, untrained Mexican for every low paying job in Mexico. Not so in the US. Is that a simple enough reason to flee north when you are hungry?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't have any facts on the issue- but I'd suspect it's the same reason the inner city folk here in the US don't simply move to a nice house on the ocean- they can't afford it.

If they're willing to come here and work for so little, and still manage to send money back home... there just must not be any money to be had there.

One more reason to kill the banks.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Theres a lot in Mexico that American's aren't aware of. There is first a lack of jobs that actually pay enough this is why family members will come to the US higher pay. And with the exchange rate for the dollar they can make more in a month then they can make in a year. There is also the racism there are two groups in Mexico as American's we just don't see it.But in Mexico the good jobs go to the light skinned Spaniards. Mexicans with Indian ancestry deal with discrimination in government and businesses. Same reason the Mexican government makes sure people cant cross there southern border and the same reason they are willing to encourage people to cross the northern border.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I have been to plenty of areas in Mexico that are beautiful and cheap to live.

It may be cheap to you with your dollars but not to the average Mexican. What's more, are there jobs in these places you speak of as well? Do they pay enough in these places? I doubt it.
edit on 25-11-2016 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Is this thread a joke?

1) Free Healthcare
2) Anchor Babies
3) Higher Wages
4) DNC bait (Dreamers, Work Visas,etc) in trade for votes

The list could go on forever.

(post by suvorov removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
America # 1 on the West Side.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I used to work for Chili's as a restaurant manager for nearly 9 years, and I can tell you that it's not just Mexico.

There are a lot of South and Central Americans as well; and I can tell you that most of them hate Mexico and Mexicans, you ought to see it in the BOH of restaurants during futbol season!

This is because Mexico is murderously strict with their border security and treat immigrants passing through their country on the way to the U.S. very, very badly.

Economic hardships in the countries of origin and exchange rates make the risk/reward equation easy to figure out and even with having to undergo the dangers, make millions of people willing to make the journey.

All of this is not to say that there aren't Mexicans who are here illegally or causing the kinds of problems you describe, just that there is an entire continent and sub-continent to take into account as source for the flow of illegals into the U.S. And that might explain some of the violence as well.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It is the american dream more than anything.

Also, relatives that live in the US love to "adorn" things when talking about their situation.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Head to Juárez, right on the border.

The dangerous ghost town even POLICE don't dare enter: Welcome to Mexico's Murder Valley.

Bodies burnt in the streets, blood splatters against the walls and dangerous drug cartels at war: Visit Juarez Valley and you may not live to tell the tale.

www.express.co.uk...

Cartels prey on the weak. If the parents are working guess who snags up their kids? Guess who threatens their lives if they try to get their kids out of it or themselves.

And why work # jobs in factories when you can earn 10X more doing remedial jobs in the US. Cross the border, earn some coin and then go back home for a stint. People on the East Coast have no idea what is going on because they live NOWHERE NEAR the problem.

edit on 25-11-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I worked for a big warehouse,and the workers there were quite suspect of holding a visa or proper paperwork,the majority of them say that when the economy picks up in Mexico they go back,same with fields in picking seasons,the economy isn't that great here,and the industrious ones head where work is,the ugly truth is most people on welfare are white,if you notice who is rioting and saying racism is the snowflake liberals,why? because they can create cash cows with them with some new liberal govt program that we get stuck paying for,I'm thinking this is a 3 card monty by the govt,truth not in them,can be damn sure money passes hands ,why I'm hoping Trump looks under the rugs,find out where this money is truly headed,believe it or not I've studied accounting in college,it's interesting what you can do when people only look at bottom line figures,I do think people who enter country illegally should have to go through proper channels to become a naturalized citizen,SS SDI etc should only be given to taxpayers who have paid into these programs,these are not charity's,charity's are at churches

top topics

join