It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats and Free Trade

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Thank you for your response I have a clearer picture of the different types of democratic beliefs.

I'm ashamed I have framed this as a left right thing when it is true both sides are to blame.

I am convinced, however, that the Democratic Party was high jacked by George Soros and co this making them the greater threat and the party earmarked to further the global agenda

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

Both major parties have been hijacked by neoliberals and free trade is in the Libertarian Party Platform (Section 3.4, HERE).

3.4 Free Trade and Migration

We support the removal of governmental impediments to free trade. Political freedom and escape from tyranny demand that individuals not be unreasonably constrained by government in the crossing of political boundaries. Economic freedom demands the unrestricted movement of human as well as financial capital across national borders. However, we support control over the entry into our country of foreign nationals who pose a credible threat to security, health or property.

Thinking that either "side" is more or less responsible will only lead to disappointment. The first Pres Bush's administration negotiated NAFTA and Pres Clinton signed it into law and implemented it (after both parties passed it in Congress). Clinton's administration negotiated China's entry into the World Trade Organization and the 2nd Pres Bush implemented it while we were all distracted by the "War on Terror". And President Obama's administration was trying to get the Trans-Pacific Partnership passed before he was out of office, which the next president would've implemented.

In fact, from 2001 to 2012, the US passed 12 other free trade agreements with countries like Panama, Oman, and South Korea (HERE).

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The parties have been taken over by corps. And they will do what ever they want, they have bought the Repub and Dem products after all.

The anti-lobbying for 5 years Trump put in is a good start.

We will have to stay tuned to see if he does what he said he would.

<< 1   >>

join