It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another day, another day, psychosis at work.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So here I am - At work. You know, the place where nobody wants to be, but everyone goes? I have the fortune of working at a movie theatre. Fun, right? Wrong. I look at the clock. It's been three hours now; another five to go. I have one more 15 minute break to look forward to. Nothing to eat but hotdogs, pretzels, nachos and popcorn. Delicious, right? Wrong again. After 9 months, it gets tiresome. The lines are backed up at least 20 feet. Friday nights are supposed to be fun. The next customer comes to me. "Hi, what can I get you?" I say, forcing my 900'th smile of the night. "A large Popcorn, a large diet-coke, and a large coke" the customer mumbles angrily, not even looking me in the eye, smiling, or even acknowleging my existence. I'm a robot to him. I go and get his food. His precious food. You know, the kind of precious that means fat, soaked in oil with lots of butter on-top? I put down the cokes. "This ones the diet", I saw loud and clearly. "ok" he mutters. I go and get the popcorn, ring him up, and he says "Hey! You didn't tell me which one was which!" in a 'you're an idiot' type of mannor. "I can't drink the diet, it's disgusting! Now which one is it!?" he says rudely. Then it pops. My bubble of patience that I've been maintaining for 9 months. "Well let me see", I say with a large grin on my face as I begin to chug down his diet coke. "Well, this one tastes like a DIET!" I scream at him still smiling. He looks at me in awe. "Let's taste this one then, shall we!" I say, getting crazier as I go. I take a fist full of popcorn, shove it in my mouth, then with my other hand dump his beloved coke all over his head. I take a courtesy cup full of yellow pop-corn salt out from under the counter, and throw it in his face. "Hey!" My manager yells as the customer stumbles around in agony, blinded by the salt. I grab those reeses pieces out from the candy thing, tear them open, and dump them into my mouth. The manager runs for me, but it's too late. Arms full of Candy, I leap ontop of the counter, then out into the lobby, running full speed towards the exit doors... I'm almost out...

"Hey, snap out of it!" my managers yells, startling me as I awake from my day-dream. The people are still there; the customers just as impolite. Maybe it's time for me to make my dream a reality.

-Inspired by real events..

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ya know what I hate? I hate the message that comes on before the movie that says "Do not throw popcorn at the screen". I dont know why I hate it, but I always throw popcorn at it!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Ya know what I hate? I hate the message that comes on before the movie that says "Do not throw popcorn at the screen". I dont know why I hate it, but I always throw popcorn at it!

Haha! We don't have one of those at my theatre.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Never had that message, but we get the one that has "Please turn off cell phones"

top topics

join